postal account billing?

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
Anonymous

Re: Moisture

Post by Anonymous »

Hello all.
I'm on the verge of acquiring some postal accounts, but apparently there is some kind of government billing/ card thing I have to get set up on first, can't remember what it's called for sure. Either way, I was wondering if anyone else does postal accounts and could possible share some info on this subject.
-Thanks!
Anonymous

postal account billing?

Post by Anonymous »

arco,
Are you talking about billing the US Postal Service for repairs performed on their vehicles ? They probably are requesting that you accept credit card. A few years ago, the government started using GSA cards(I think that is what it called), and expecting all vendors to accept this type of payment. If you dont accept credit cards, it makes it very difficult to get your foot in the door with any government agency. If you do accept them, it should be fairly easy to get established. If you dont accept plasitc at this time, but are certain that the postal service account will represent a substantial amount of income for you, then by all means do look into being able to takce credit cards. Depending oon your location, though, and if there is no other repair vendor available to them, you might still be able to negotiate with them to pay you the old fashioned way (but usually you have to wait for payment, which could be several weeks, whereas credit card payments are usually credited to your bank account in about 3 days).
Anonymous

re: postal account billing

Post by Anonymous »

okay, that's very helpful, thanks. I assumed that was the case, just wanted to make sure. I'll have to evaluate the income potential before I make a move. We are talking about a city with 100,000 population, all post offices therein.
thanks again!
Anonymous

re: postal account billing

Post by Anonymous »

Most cities/towns use rural and relief carriers as well. These individuals drive their own vehicles that are prone to chips and cracks
Anonymous

Don't forget ....

Post by Anonymous »

Right, Dave, the 4 post offices in my local area are served by contract carriers. They drive, and maintain, their own vehicles, and it is not necessary to go through the governement to do repairs for them.
Anonymous

re: postal accounts

Post by Anonymous »

most government agencies and many larger businesses rely on their vendors to have a D&B DUN.

While I am not attempting to advertise or promote D&B or their products, it certainly doesn't hurt any business to register, especially since you can obtain a DUN for free.

Here's the url:
www.dnb.com