Sub-Forum Divisions?

This area is to offer suggestions and to provide feedback on the Windshield Repair Forum. Please do not use this area to discuss forum rules or to complain about forum actions in regards to post or users. Posts will be removed that do not follow this
sgailey

Sub-Forum Divisions?

Post by sgailey »

Hey everybody. :)

I was taking a look at the forum's layout, and thought that we might benefit from a few sub-forums divisions. Doing such would filter different kinds of posts into appropriate divisions, making it easier to find and distinguish threads by type. It would also relieve the Windshield Repair forum from its duty as the catch-all inbasket for every thread about every aspect of the profession.

Below is a simple example list of sub-forums and the types of threads they might contain. This list is just a suggestion, and is completely open to constructive criticism and suggestions for new or revised content:

[INDENT]Windshield Repair
- Techniques
- Questions/Troubleshooting

Equipment
- New product discussion
- Current Equipment (resins, injectors, etc.)
- Equipment Problems/Questions

Marketing
- Marketing Ideas
- Marketing Questions

Sales
- Sales techniques
- Accounting

Insurance
- Insurance company information *pinned*
- Business insurance questions/discussion
- Posts regarding LYNX, A.C.T., etc.

Resources
- Windshield & Repair Nomenclature
- Useful links for w/s or w/s repair-related sites.
- Links to insurance sites[/INDENT]

Now of course I realize it would be a lot of work for the Moderator to sort all previous posts into their appropriate categories. Instead, we would leave the Windshield Repair forum as it is with all the old posts, but post new relevant threads into their proper sections.

The great thing about this forum is that it is strictly about the windshield repair business. No needless yak-forums or fluff. Why not keep it that way? This idea isn't meant to complicate anything, but give a little order and organization.

Let's hear what you think! :)
Layne

Re: Sub-Forum Divisions?

Post by Layne »

It ain't broke....let's don't fix it.
cure4glass

Post by cure4glass »

I like it as it is.The search feature will allow you to find any specific topic.
sgailey

Post by sgailey »

Thanks for the feedback, guys. :)

My apologies to the moderator for not posting this in the forum feedback section.
harrellbenjamin

Post by harrellbenjamin »

Like the man said"If it aint broke , Dont fix it"
Sneck

Post by Sneck »

It may not be broke, but sgailey's post suggests he has some great organizational skills on his part. A valuable asset indeed - when one is trying to run a business.
Deltaman

Post by Deltaman »

I think it is a good idea, thinking outside the box! Just because it ain't broke doesn't mean you can't make it better! Most other forums are broke down into categories. Just my 2 cents!