Discoloration of pit filler resin

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
Pat

Sorry, mate

Post by Pat »

I have just started in the windshield repair business this year. I do this part time. I was train by glass mechanics in Florida. When I was in class I ask about their resin yellowing. They tell me their resin does not yellow or shrink. By reading the delta form they do not have a problem with their resin yellowing or shrinking either .I would like to find out more about different resin too.
gold star wsr

Post by gold star wsr »

Pat,

Go to a search engine and type in windshield repair. This will bring up most of the windshield repair supply companies. Most have toll-free numbers, and will also send you free samples of their resins. Many also have a great deal of windshield repair information and tips for doing better repairs. Ask them to send you whatever they have. Only one company (and I dont remember now which one it was) said they didnt send out free samples of resin, but when I said that I wouldnt pay for a full bottle only to find out it wasnt satisfactory, they aquiesced and sent a sample to me.