Discoloration of pit filler resin

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
optic-kleer

Post by optic-kleer »

Hello, can any one out there help me?. I run a windscreen repair company in the UK. We have been using NVS resin and pit filler. Time and time again, I have noticed major discoloration of filled pits. I have carried out literally thousands of repairs and take all necessary precautions, i.e. cleanliness, adequate curing, correct storage of resin and correct storage containers, but to no avail. I understand that NVS have ceased trading and am now looking for a good quality pit filler and resin to give to my technicians. I am open to suggestions, but am unable to use GW resins as I cannot buy these in the UK. Please help me with your suggestions and your experiences in this matter. :(
optic-kleer

crack

Post by optic-kleer »

Hello again. 47 fellow repair techs have read this post but still no suggestions. Is the information I requested a trade secret in the U.S?
WRS

Discoloration of pit filler resin

Post by WRS »

Optic-Kleer,

I don't post much, but figured since you had to ask twice i'd put my two cents in

I use Delta resin exclusively now. I have used others, and even others that do not yellow. Delta resins have never yellowed or shrunk on me, and would be a good choice.

no idea if you can get them in the uk though
mafsu

Post by mafsu »

I tried quite a few resins in the last few years, and the resins discussed in the last two posts are the best two I've used. If you look back in the archives I'm sure you will get a few more suggestions. This topic was covered quite a bit a few months back.
Repair1

Post by Repair1 »

Hello,

I do believe glass medic has operations in the UK have you tryed them there resins are good have used it in the past, however I don't use it here at this time no reason really $$$ more than anything..

Good Luck And Happy Repairing
Brian
gold star wsr

Post by gold star wsr »

I use Diamond Clear resin and never have had any trouble with discoloration. Last I heard, Glass Technology would ship to the UK; and they might even have a distributor there. Visit their website and drop them an e-mail.
sunshine wr

Post by sunshine wr »

Glas-Weld resins have worked well for me. I've been told they're used in Japan. Don't know why they could be shipped :D over one ''Pond'' and not the other?