$800 in 3 hrs

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
clay507

Post by clay507 »

I thought this forum was to help and encourage others? Get off his case he is very proud of his sales and he I am sure did a good job.

Clay
Dave M
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

I thought?

Post by Dave M »

These forums are to help and encourage others but we must be able to digest some criticism also. Anyone repairing 50 breaks in one day deserves congrats and great job, as long as all 50 repairs were top notch quality repairs (not saying they were not).
My point was, not all 50 repairs could have been easy little bat wings or nice bulls-eyes, which normally take 15 minutes from start to finish. Have you ever worked off the hood of a bus doing a repair on a vertical w/s? Not very easy or quick. Were these school buses?
GlassStarz

best resins on the market?

Post by GlassStarz »

Dave M wrote:These forums are to help and encourage others but we must be able to digest some criticism also. Anyone repairing 50 breaks in one day deserves congrats and great job, as long as all 50 repairs were top notch quality repairs (not saying they were not).
My point was, not all 50 repairs could have been easy little bat wings or nice bulls-eyes, which normally take 15 minutes from start to finish. Have you ever worked off the hood of a bus doing a repair on a vertical w/s? Not very easy or quick. Were these school buses?
Buses all parked in a row bright sun but only 50 deg outside I work with 3 bridges and a 15 yr old son who does the prep (drill if needed clean area around break etc.pull the hoods back so I can stand on the tire) Your right not many real big breaks mostly little wings and moons we're in Vermont so almost all dirt roads for the bus. (I do this fleet every 3 months so they dont get ahead of me) I work the bridges and my son does the pits and clean up all in all an assembly line process that has taken awhile to perfect but goes smooth. Now in the winter with snow and short daylight the progress is about 1/3 as much.
GlassStarz

Post by GlassStarz »

Dave M wrote:GlassStarz,
I've got to question your method! 50 repairs in one day, in Vermont? I'm in Maine, and have been having frost or heavy condensation in the early morning hours. That alone limits my daylight to around 7 hours or less.
Assuming you have the same problem (New England) that means 7 repairs per hour on bus w/s and cars. Let's see, 60 minutes divided by 7 is 8.5 mins. per repair!!
I've worked on bus w/s before, not fun or easy. Your middle name must be "Flash" or "Superman". What was the quality of those repairs?
:D hey glad to see ya passed math. try workin three bridges with a quality assistant. Shouldnt have needed to explain thought it fell into the well duh category.