Is $400.00 a reasonable price for startup kit

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
dcj

Re: Act

Post by dcj »

This kit includes both a pump/vaccum system?
mafsu

Post by mafsu »

Price doesn't sound bad, but it would be hard to make a judgement call without knowing more about it. Have you checked on ebay? You can get reputable equipment at great prices.
WRS

Post by WRS »

If you can get a system that is sold new for $700+ for $400, then that sounds like it could be great. If you're talking about those cheap ass systems that are sold new for $400, don't waste your money. If you're starting a business, a real business, do you think a year from now you're going to be kicking yourself for spending an extra 300-400 on the system that you use every day? Of course not. But I can pretty much gurantee you that a year from now that $400 will be sitting in your closet. Either buy a good system used, or save up money. I have not seen a system ever for $400 new that is worth anything.

Just my $.02
gold star wsr

Post by gold star wsr »

It depends on what you are entering into windshield repair for. If it is going to be your full-time occupation, you will want to begin with the best equipment and training available. If it is to be an add-on, or something you do as a side-line on the weekends, then you might look at some less expensive systems. I started in windshield repair with used equipment that was far from the best quality...but, what did I know? I wasnt aware of the forums in 1996, being new both to internet and wsr at that time. Even so, I learned to do good repairs with that system. However, if it is a brand new system selling for only $400, its probably the bare bones equipment, and you still have to get trained. The windshield repairr forums are a great source of help. Also most of the windshiled repair suppliers have excellent websites with good information about windshield repair.