Advertising

Discuss all aspects of headlight restoration, including marketing, technical, and business advice.
CV Windshield Repair
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Advertising

Post by CV Windshield Repair »

Does anyone advertise headlight restoration to get retail customers? If you do what kind do you do?
GlassStarz

Re: Advertising

Post by GlassStarz »

I recently printed up a color flyer with some before and after pics hired a nice looking personible girl to call on the many auto service places in the area the guys seem to like seeing her of the 80 or so places she dropped off the flyer and introduced herself she gets 8 -12 jobs a day and works about 6 hrs not sure if its the flyer or the salesperson but its working I pay her 65% of what she does
Bois

Post by Bois »

I have signage (headlights cleaned) on the tailgate of my PU truck. People will call me asking questions when they're behind me. Paid for itself within 24 hrs. Also included on business card.
Dale...
No job is so simple that it cannot be done wrong.
scott890

Post by scott890 »

I'm in the process of making up a one page flyer, my plan is to pick a neighborhood, leave it at all the houses where the service is needed. You could take that one step further, go to a parking lot and leave a flyer on cars, but then you run the risk of irate phone calls.
justmobile

Post by justmobile »

Hello to everyone, I am new to this forum, I am interested in headlight restoration, can anyone give me the best advice as to what equipment /products I will need, I have lookrd at some of the other post?? any help is appreciated.
Bois

Post by Bois »

Hi, Justmobile. And welcome to the forum. May I suggest that you read some of the many & long threads on this forum. There's a lot of discussion on suppliers. Check the windshield repair forum, also.
Dale...
No job is so simple that it cannot be done wrong.
Brent Deines

Post by Brent Deines »

justmobile;29568 wrote:Hello to everyone, I am new to this forum, I am interested in headlight restoration, can anyone give me the best advice as to what equipment /products I will need, I have lookrd at some of the other post?? any help is appreciated.
Welcome to the forum justmobile. I have been doing a lot of research over the past year or two, and was overwhelmed and confused by my initial findings, but everyone on this forum helped to convince me to try Dvelup. I suppose I should quit promoting their products now that we sell them under the Delta Kits label, but whether you buy from Delta Kits or directly from Dvelup, or end up finding something you like better, getting the best product is what is important.

If you read all the information on the this headlight restoration froum you will find that there are some who prefer other systems, and even some Dvelup users that prefer a different tool (most seem to like the Metabo) for sanding, so I would suggest reading all the posts on this subject, both in the headlight restoration forum, and the windshield repair forum as suggested by Bois. I haven't tried the Metabo yet but plan to purchase one for testing. So far I am quite satisfied with the Dvelup sander, but want to be able to offer, or at least recommend a higher end sander if it does indeed perform better.

Send me a PM or give me a call if you care to discuss my experiences with other headlight restoration companies and products in detail. Which ever system you decide on, please share your experience with us here on the headlight restoration forum. Good luck!
Brent Deines
Delta Kits, Inc.
freightshaker

Post by freightshaker »

Brent Deines;29583 wrote:...
but everyone on this forum helped to convince me to try Dvelup. I suppose I should quit promoting their products now that we sell them under the Delta Kits label...
I've looked on the Delta website, but I can't find the Headlight kits anywhere.
Forgive me if this has been answered before, but where are they listed?
Thanks,
Dwayne
Brent Deines

Post by Brent Deines »

We are still working on some ideas that will help set us apart from the competition, so it will likely be the first of the year before the website and catalogs are updated, but we are now stocking headlight restoration tools and supplies and so far the feedback has been excellent.

I spoke with a customer yesterday that landed an account restoring semi headlights. As I understand it they pull the headlights and allow him to take them with him, restore them, and then return them, so I assume he can use this work to fill in any slow times he may have. I really had not thought about that approach, but as long as the headlights are easy to remove and replace, it makes perfect sense. Less down time for the trucks, and a less demanding schedule for the technician.

It doesn't make much sense to try this with most car fleets as the removal and replacement of the headlight is a bit more time consuming and they often don't have dedicated mechanics working around the clock like most truck fleets do, but for truck fleets I really like this idea.
Brent Deines
Delta Kits, Inc.
harrellbenjamin

Post by harrellbenjamin »

Brent Deines;30641 wrote:We are still working on some ideas that will help set us apart from the competition, so it will likely be the first of the year before the website and catalogs are updated, but we are now stocking headlight restoration tools and supplies and so far the feedback has been excellent.

I spoke with a customer yesterday that landed an account restoring semi headlights. As I understand it they pull the headlights and allow him to take them with him, restore them, and then return them, so I assume he can use this work to fill in any slow times he may have. I really had not thought about that approach, but as long as the headlights are easy to remove and replace, it makes perfect sense. Less down time for the trucks, and a less demanding schedule for the technician.

It doesn't make much sense to try this with most car fleets as the removal and replacement of the headlight is a bit more time consuming and they often don't have dedicated mechanics working around the clock like most truck fleets do, but for truck fleets I really like this idea.
I agree with you Brent.Why would you ever remove assembly to restore???????You can restore them in the time it would take to remove them.If the headlights are removed the truck is down.............:eusa_doh: