Equipment for truck repairs

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
autocosmetics
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Post by autocosmetics »

There are a lot of truck stops in my area, so i thought it would be a good place to check for windshield repair. Can I use my Delta bridge/injector on vertical glass? Is there anything different I would need to do on these repairs because of the vertical glass?

Jim
Delta Kits

Equipment for truck repairs

Post by Delta Kits »

Jim,

You can certainly use your DK bridge on vertical glass. The only thing that we recommend you do differently, is adjust the thumbscrews on the back down further, to create a slight angle on the vertical windshield.

So, if you put the bridge with the injector straight up on the windshield, you will just screw the thumbscrews down further on the back. Also, it would be a good idea to use a syringe. Whether you have a syringe or eye dropper, just make sure you put the resin as far down the barrel as possible.

If you have any other questions, give me a call, and we can get you all set up!
Delta Kits, Inc.
autocosmetics

Post by autocosmetics »

Thanks Jeff! I really like my Delta bridge/injector. Good quality equipment, wish I would have bought it sooner!

Jim
maxryde

Market Size vs. Market Saturation

Post by maxryde »

Hey Jim,
I have done a fair amount of vertical glass with my DK system. What I do is to position my suction cup above the repair, ( this prevents spillage on the cup). I then find it is good to adgust the barrel to achieve the downward angle Jeff described and for sure use the surynge if you have it if not you'll use more resin to compensate. The other cosideration is equipment, I suggest a ladder and some form of weight (sandbag etc) so if the wind comes up your ladder won't fall on the rig when your off of it!!!! The truckers have $ but it's a different MKT. They catch alot of heat for "causing damage", I've gotten some interesting conversation from this topic. The best part of doing trucks is its a Cash MKT, no waiting for payment. Good luck Scott :)
WIN-1

windshield replacement school

Post by WIN-1 »

I saw a device permitting us to strap it over the big truck's steer tire and use it as the platform to stand on. It's 6" wide, 2' tall, about 2 1/2 feet long with a longer chain from end to end. It uses your weight to hold it in place and allows you to stand outside the steer tire! Petro truckshops used to sell another one with bent piping in place of the chain that did the same thing.
My only modification is to use a footstool to get my old bones up to it's level.
R U gonna use a CB to advertise outside the truckstop?
If so, watch the friendly ladies wanting to
" sit inside your vehicle for a minute to get out of the cold/ & can they use your CB for a second"? They'll drop their dope in your vehicle if John Law shows up! ( or so I've heard). Matter of fact, letting JL know when they're on the lot may help get you the city business!
Ken
autocosmetics

Post by autocosmetics »

Ken,

I saw a stand like that in a catalog somewhere, it looks like it would be good to have on hand.
Jim