Who Does This???

Discuss all aspects of headlight restoration, including marketing, technical, and business advice.
GLASSTIME
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Who Does This???

Post by GLASSTIME »

Hello ,

I have been applying my clear coat by brush. However I want to convert to spray using a 1.4mm spray gun using 1e5 air compressor.

Who here does this?
I also was told the clear could be made at a body/paint supply store. I
Know its a 2 part urethane/epoxy along with a hardner & reducer.
Chad E. Clewis
President
GLASSTIME Windshield Repair & Headlight Restoration

"Its What You Put Into It That Counts"
harrellbenjamin

Re: Who Does This???

Post by harrellbenjamin »

Why in the world would you ever want to use 2 part Urethane clear?No body shop is going to mix you any clear as it has a pot life of about 1 hour. Why not just a good easy sealer like Dvelup?? For one thing a 1.4 tip gun is way to large to do a headlight if you did.I use 1.5 for primer lol.Have any idea how much over spray that gun generates?You would have to mask off the whole front of car to coat two simple lens.It just makes no sence.If you are set on masking and spraying a clear you would be much better off with a 1K Rattle can clear such as UPOL.If you insist on spraying a clear with a spray gun get a cheap 1.0 Tip Mini-T/Up type HVLP.With the Dvelup sealer and half a blue Scott towel folded up into 1x1 square I can get a clear ,smooth finish the same as if I sprayed it.Toss the brush ....Buy the Dvelup JMHO
GlassStarz
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Re: Who Does This???

Post by GlassStarz »

Dito overspray who needs it? try using a folded blue scott shop towel and spread it instead of using the brush