Anyone evercome across white oxidation

Discuss all aspects of headlight restoration, including marketing, technical, and business advice.
t4k
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Re: Anyone evercome across white oxidation

Post by t4k »

Give it a shot Dozi, if you don't like the results go back to polishing on your next set.
Brent Deines

Post by Brent Deines »

I recommend picking up a few headlights from the wrecking yard to experiment on. You can sand them down and refinish them over and over again so you don't need to many. I think we pay about $3 each for them. That way you are not experimenting on a customer's car.
Brent Deines
Delta Kits, Inc.
t4k

Post by t4k »

Brent Deines wrote:I recommend picking up a few headlights from the wrecking yard to experiment on. You can sand them down and refinish them over and over again so you don't need to many. I think we pay about $3 each for them. That way you are not experimenting on a customer's car.
Oh definitely ....that goes without saying. Never practice on a paying customers car!
Dozi

Post by Dozi »

I have a practice set in my garage. I'll give it a try this weekend.
candyman
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Post by candyman »

Thanks for the information. I just sent a message to Korey red HL. I have started offering the Mgr or owners a free demo. The ones that have seen it, are now sending me customers , and I have t inspection & tire centers that do HL's sending me their prefered customers as it was relayed to me. I haven't use a 4k for sanding. I do have to wipe the vehicle off after I polish because of the dust. I even wipe the front chrome off so that the car will look its best when the customer see's it.
I am having a hard time getting a lens to polish for display. Most of the salvage yards are crushing the cars and not keeping parts in my area for some reason. That was a must place when I was growing ip because we were too poor to buy new parts. I could within a few monthsa quit my full time job at the rate my HL service is picking up. Winter is approaching so I will planfor next year.