FFA Sales Call Structure

This forum is dedicated to sales, marketing, insurance, and other business development issues. Since this is a Windshield Repair sub forum, please continue to use the other forums on this board to discuss non-windshield repair related issues of any nature.
D2D

FFA Sales Call Structure

Post by D2D »

The "FFA Sales Call Structure"

FFA means Find, Find, and Ask.

Find a car with a repairable rock chip. Then Find the owner of that car. Then Ask them if they want you to repair it.

OK, so you’ve got your training, you have your business cards and flyers printed. Now you need some windshields with repairable stone damage.

The first step is the easiest. Walking through parking lots at office/industrial parks or residential streets is where you Find them.

The second step is more difficult. That is, Finding and speaking to the owner/decision maker. But, when you are face to face with the owner, brings us to:

The third step is to Ask. This is where many variables come into play. Depending on your chosen way of selling. No matter how you inform the prospect that you provide a cost effective, preventive maintenance solution to the problem, you must, in all cases, ASK!

In a previous life, I was a sales/service consultant for a manufacturer of data terminals that linked mainframe computers with remote work stations. I would go into corporate conference rooms, set up the demo equipment, then proceed to put on a “dog and pony show” where I would explain every aspect of how this system would make their work flow more efficient and save them money. After I was finished, I would pack it all up and wheel it out with the company’s promise that “they would get back to me”.
I finally realized that after all the information I had imparted, I simply wasn’t “ASKING THEM FOR THEIR BUSINESS”!
After making a simple adjustment of making sure I had “decision makers“ in the room, and “ASKING FOR A DECISION”, I began leaving with signed contracts.
This was obviously a complex and lengthy “sales cycle”. Each piece of business had an average 90 day turnaround from initial contact to closing.

Now, that’s changed dramatically with WSR. The “sales cycle” is an average 30 MINUTES!, from initial contact to closing to a completed piece of business. WOW!

MORE TO COME
PG Bullseye Repair

Re: FFA Sales Call Structure

Post by PG Bullseye Repair »

I agree 100%, if you don't ask for the work you will never get it, and when I do ask and they say they already use someone I say thats fine I don't want to step on anyones toes, however if your wsr tech. can't get there when you want them, just give me a call and I will be there within 2hrs or less to take care of you, which is usually my way in, as we all no when we can't service our customers when they want, they will find someone who will.
D2D

Re: FFA Sales Call Structure

Post by D2D »

FrogKnowledge wrote this pitch for door to door residential sales. Notice how he gains rapport with the prospect before taking control and walking over to the car.

The sales pitch:

Hi my name is Jason am with *** Glass Co. We are the guys that offer the on site free rock chip and crack repair for your windshield.

You: I am in your area today offering complementary inspections on your windshield, do you just have these 2 vehicles here?
(never talk about their rock chip at the door always look at the car)
Policy Owner: Uh yea just those 2
(As you walk over to the car)
You: Great, so how about this weather?
Policy Owner: Yea cold lately, You poor guys have to work in this every day
You: Yes but I love what I do, Sir did you notice this impact point here?
Policy Owner: NO or Yes
You: This is what we call a Star Break, see how it has 4 little legs growing off of it, this one is getting ready to crack, have you ever had a windshield repair before?
Policy Owner: (Option 1) Yes I have
You: Then you know how important it is to get this repaired today
Policy Owner: (Option 2) No I have not had a chip before
You: WOW you have been one of the lucky ones, huh, Who do you carry for your insurance policy?
Policy Owner: DUHduh Company
You: That's great! you know they are one of the best insurance providers, they will actually pay for this repair 100%, since it is such a safety issue.

Do you have your insurance card I need to call them and let them know who I am and register my shop with them then they are going to ask you a few question like when did it happen and how. It should only take a few minutes.

This is just the basics but you CAN NOT talk to them about the rock chip or crack at the door step, their is no sense of safety or urgency at the door, their thinking about whatever you just interrupted them from.

Also by offering the complementary inspection 1 in 3 of my repair did not even know they had a chip so NEVER ask do you have a rock chip assume they do and look at the window.