\"Lil Buddy\"

Discuss all aspects of windshield replacement, including techniques, billing, etc.
ProTech

"Lil Buddy"

Post by ProTech »

Hello to all, new member to the forum here. Been doing automotive glass replacement for 23 years now. Yes I'm getting old haha! I have a question: Anybody familiar with the setting device from equalizer, the "Lil Buddy" system? I used one today for the first time and I have to admit it was somewhat awkward at first, but I definetly see the potential in this device(tool?). As with any new "tool" it takes time to get a feel for it. This device/tool is designed to eliminate the two man set on the bigger windshields. Supposedly this thing can help set a DW1451!

Any ideas, pros/cons, are greatly appreciated. I look fwd to becoming involved in the forum and thanks for letting me join.

Steve
Brent Deines
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Re: "Lil Buddy"

Post by Brent Deines »

Welcome to the forum ProTech. I don't get too involved with the replacement side anymore, but I've seen the Lil Buddy demonstrated many times on some very large windshields. I'm 6'3" so in my younger days I could set just about anything by myself, but if I were doing it today I would have a Lil Buddy or similar device for sure. My back just won't take it any more.

I have to admit, even in my prime something like this would have made setting windshields without an assistant much easier. There's nothing worse than dipping the corner in the windshield into a fast set Urethane before you have it in the right spot. Not that that ever happened to me of course!!!

Have you tried the one that Aegis sells? They look very similar to me, and in fact I think there was a law suit to sort out who copied who, but I really don't know the difference, or if one is better than the other.
Brent Deines
Delta Kits, Inc.
streekyd

Post by streekyd »

AEGIS
CaliGlass

Post by CaliGlass »

I use the lil buddy quite a bit. If we are busy and cant twoman set, then I grab the lil buddy. works on about 90% of the cars/trucks.