Chipio?

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
clearquest
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Chipio?

Post by clearquest »

Anyone else here familiar with this company? I would like to know more about them and their business practices. They did a job for a friend of mine that makes me question their way of doing business. Upon pulling into a service station this guy rushed out and offered to clean my friend's windshield for free. My friend went inside to pay for his gas and grab a snack and when he went back out to his car this guy showed him a large combo break in his windshield that my friend is sure wasnt there before. Then this guy gives him a sales pitch and tells him that his insurance will likely cover it. This happened in the state of Missoruri. He did allow the guy to repair it through his insurance carrier but he wasnt happy. According to him the quality of the repair was questionable and he believes that the guy caused the damage while he was inside the service station. He said that there was white powder around the impact point which is a sure sign of new damage. And to add to the suspicion, white glass dust around a chip on a windshield that had just been washed? How many windshield repair guys wash windshields BEFORE repairing chips? Not me.
DryStar

Re: Chipio?

Post by DryStar »

Apple AutoGlass (aka Chipio Windshield Repair) also affiliated with Coast to Coast (C2C) Here's one link for more info:

http://www.kudzu.com/m/Apple-Auto-Glass ... eld-Repair)-20881908
DryStar

Post by DryStar »

Part of link was missing try this one. http://www.kudzu.com/m/Apple-Auto-Glass ... eld-Repair)-20881908
DryStar

Post by DryStar »

OK, did the same thing. Try highlighting and copy entire address then paste into browser. Sorry
clearquest

Post by clearquest »

Did a websearch and found lots of information indicating that many others have been duped. It's a shame that companies like this give the wsr industry a bad name.
chiphappens

Post by chiphappens »

Clearquest,
Im too familiar with this "company" you speak of. I use to work for them :oops: To me there were more questions than answer when it came to their way of operating. To say the least, Chipio is basically a marketing company. They're out there treating this as a sale of an item rather than a service. They train their "technicians" (notice the quotation marks) soley on the art of how to focus on numbers and overturn negative to lead to a sale. In order to get promoted one has to be consistant on number of repairs per day then eventually can become a "manager" of their own crew. Kinda like a pyramid scheme if you ask me. The only training they do on the actual repairs itself is first thru observation then with practice on a dummy windshield. Their tool kits consist of one bridge, one resin bottle, a razor, cut up pieces of sulyfane (like the plastic cover of a cigarette box), and a towel all carried around conveniently in a fanny pack! Being more consirned with the repair myself, I asked questions on how to repair different types of breaks and to my surprise they told me that I focused too much on the repair!!!! :shock: What suprised me even more was their rules. If I cracked out one windshield they would pay for it, two; I'd have to pay half, and three.... strikes you're out!!!! :o It made no sence to me what so ever. How can I be held liable for something I dont receive proper traing for!? So I basically took the idea and ran. I havent started on my own company, but hope to do so soon after the proper training.
clearquest

Post by clearquest »

Did they teach the art of scamming people and chipping their windshields to get business? Unreal
Frank EU
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Post by Frank EU »

A ''business'' like this should be banned from any insurance work, it is a scam. Not only that, they are probably one of the worst examples of how thing NOT should be done. Period.

If I were the insurer or leasing company, they would be banned for life.
chiphappens

Post by chiphappens »

They really didn't teach us to chip windows. That's what I can. say thru my experience. I didn't like to inspect a windshield unless the owner of the vehicle was present. What you said can be easily done, but I never did it. I believe in Karma.
Brent Deines
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Post by Brent Deines »

Please remember this is not the place to slam competitors. If we let you guys slam one company we also have to let them slam your company. If you want to start another thread and speak about specific business practices that are bad for the industry you are welcome to do so, but don't name companies or use information that makes it obvious who you are talking about.
Brent Deines
Delta Kits, Inc.