40 year old rookie. please help

Discuss all aspects of windshield replacement, including techniques, billing, etc.
bshoemaker

40 year old rookie. please help

Post by bshoemaker »

My brother has owned a mobile replacement company for fifteen years and he has done quite well. HE has agreed to allow me to help him. i don't know what my job title is (salesman?) this is all i will be doing for him right now, and he's paying me straight commission at fifty bucks a sell. the first day i went out with him, he closes a sell in about two minutes. he just flys through the walmart parking lot and spots the insured at his vehicle, and they almost never tell him no. I'm not good with this. approaching people when they are out running errands seems like an assault on their time to me. i tried it the next two days and couldnt get my timing right and was kicked of of several properties. so, today, i went door to door. i made a couple of sells, and the pace and attitude was much better for me. I need some help with as many good ideas as you guys have. what's worked for you? our business is on the up and up, and that makes it more difficult because we will only replace truly damaged windshields. most of the other companies are cheating their tails off. I just haven't slept tonight being worried that maybe i'm gonna suck at this. My brother has closed twenty sales in a day before for 'god's sake!