Pay, Salaries, Payrol, Employees

Discuss all aspects of windshield replacement, including techniques, billing, etc.
chrismiller88
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Pay, Salaries, Payrol, Employees

Post by chrismiller88 »

I am in Los Angeles. How much should I pay my installers?
DryStar

Re: Pay, Salaries, Payrol, Employees

Post by DryStar »

chrismiller88 wrote:I am in Los Angeles. How much should I pay my installers?
It all depends on their level of experience. It could be anywhere between $12- $24 an hour. Do you have any experience as a glass technician?
chrismiller88

Post by chrismiller88 »

Thanks for the reply.

I have no experience in the glass business at all and the CEO of the company has less than a year. He is in a different state and is blown away by how high the wages are in LA. I spoke to a few installers who all told me that the wage he is will to pay is way too low in LA. I tried to partner with a couple different windshield repair places here in LA and they all told me that they cannot install a windshield for us if they are only getting 40 or 50 bucks for each windshield. They warned us that with this wage in mind we are going to end up with very low quality people and lawsuits. But the CEO says that these people are all just being greedy.
chrismiller88

Post by chrismiller88 »

Actually, I am find in many cases where my CEO is correct. When I talk to the installers directly I am finding that they are not being paid as much as they are promised by their employers. I think we can pay installers more then they are currently making.
DryStar

Post by DryStar »

chrismiller88 wrote:Actually, I am find in many cases where my CEO is correct. When I talk to the installers directly I am finding that they are not being paid as much as they are promised by their employers. I think we can pay installers more then they are currently making.
Chris, any glass installer you run into today will tell you they think they're underpaid. As far as this company you want to do business with...buy some high boots, because that is what you'll be walking into. They are not taking any risk, you are! All they are is a harvester to collect off your work.

You mentioned that you had no prior glass experience and the CEO only had 1 year of glass.... does not a red flag come to mind?

Wish you well with future decisions.
nikolic

Post by nikolic »

The average salaries for windshield installers are $25,000 and can vary greatly due to company, location, industry, experience and benefits.