Just started business but not good at charging.

Discuss all aspects of windshield replacement, including techniques, billing, etc.
dvd

Just started business but not good at charging.

Post by dvd »

I Got tired of making my boss money so I went off on my own. But I'm not good at giving quotes yesterday I did a windshield on a Saturn vue and only profited 30 bucks because the windshield cost me 80 plus 2 tubes of urethane I don't know how much to mark up the glass or urethane n also how much should I charge for labor. I also am going to start going to car lots looking for work. Should I charge them less because they will give me more work ? Please help or else I'm going to have to go back to working for my stingy boss ?!?!
t4k
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Re: Just started business but not good at charging.

Post by t4k »

Are you serious? You've gone into a business without knowing the pricing structures? Sounds like you should do a little homework prior to your next install.
Frank EU

Post by Frank EU »

t4k wrote:Are you serious? You've gone into a business without knowing the pricing structures? Sounds like you should do a little homework prior to your next install.
Please, be informed before you enter any trade. How could anybody start a business without? This is why you ''had to make money for your boss'' (which, of course, is a big misunderstanding). He gave you orders to do your job. I hope he indeed made money. If you don't know how to manage, please do yourself a big favour and go back to your job. There are already too many wannabees in this trade.
noel.kamana

Post by noel.kamana »

Hey everyone,

I am new to this technology and to be quite frankly I would love to learn it and broaden my horizon to the third world markets. My interest is to get into business and establish myself into African market where i came from, Is anyone out there who can suggest to where i can get the tools, training and other support more cheaper and with better qualities. I would like the recommendations to be focusing on best product seller. I will appreciate all replies that will be helpfully in one way or the other.

Best wishes everyone.
screenman

Post by screenman »

Cheap and quality, now those words seldom go together.

Was you after repair or replacement equipment and training?
jimmymaguire

Post by jimmymaguire »

Everybody starts somewhere, so there is no harm if you are not well versed with the pricing structure. The fact that you wanted to be self employed in itself is a brave attempt. What you can do is study other business'es of your type and see how they are pricing. After understanding the pricing structure of your counterparts, device a Pricing strategy for your own organisation. It is not that difficult, initially you just need to do a bit of study and a bit if math, and then it will all be fine!