Metabo

Discuss all aspects of headlight restoration, including marketing, technical, and business advice.
smcdonaldaz

Re: Metabo

Post by smcdonaldaz »

Based on this parts diagram:

http://www.toolpartsdirect.com/cgi-bin/ ... 0_00405420

which part is breaking? I'd like to order a couple for backups.
just chippen away
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Post by just chippen away »

in my case it was the item 7, part # 341055470 SPINDLE , I ordered 2 along with a tube of greese so I have a backup. The bearing was the only the only hard part to take off the spindle and press back on.... Back in operation at this time...
Just Chippen Away
canf

Post by canf »

Can i use cordless drill or right angle drill instead of Orbital sanders, i ask and advice it for mobile restorations

What are your suggestions for mobile HLR
just chippen away

Most all of us are mobile. You can use a drill, right angle cordless or an orbital and an extention cord...
I use Matabo's, right angle dewalt's, with extention cords or off my generator...

You can also wet sand by hand, It is a thing of the past before all the new toys come out.
Just Chippen Away
canf

Post by canf »

just chippen away wrote:Most all of us are mobile. You can use a drill, right angle cordless or an orbital and an extention cord...
I use Matabo's, right angle dewalt's, with extention cords or off my generator...

You can also wet sand by hand, It is a thing of the past before all the new toys come out.
We you use a lot of types tools are they have diffrenet benefits?

if one tool is enough or if not i dont know yet could you compare dewalts rigth angle with metabo i ask it because, i dont want to use corded orbitals with generators(noise ext.) if dewalt's is enough and harmless for sanding ,i would gone with it or if you recommend orbital sander instead of dewalt, i should but it too
just chippen away

to each is own.... I can not and will not tell you what to buy or use.... If I was to pick one it would be the metabo orbit If I used the clear wipe that delta sells.
I use a different system and techniques that I found that works for me after trying most all the systems out there, so I use what is best for the job.. I even use a bucket of water and wet sand by hand, STILL...

A Honda 1000 makes very little noise at all. two people can talk at a normal tone while it is running.... You can get a used one for around 4 - 600.00 if you look hard enough.

If you are new and do not have the money, wet sand by hand till you make the money to buy what you need... No sense in jumping in head first up to you knees, Upgrade as you can afford it.
Just Chippen Away
canf

Post by canf »

just chippen away wrote:to each is own.... I can not and will not tell you what to buy or use.... If I was to pick one it would be the metabo orbit If I used the clear wipe that delta sells.
I use a different system and techniques that I found that works for me after trying most all the systems out there, so I use what is best for the job.. I even use a bucket of water and wet sand by hand, STILL...

A Honda 1000 makes very little noise at all. two people can talk at a normal tone while it is running.... You can get a used one for around 4 - 600.00 if you look hard enough.

If you are new and do not have the money, wet sand by hand till you make the money to buy what you need... No sense in jumping in head first up to you knees, Upgrade as you can afford it.
Yeah as you mentioned i am new,i have not decided tools yet, orbital sanders less agrassive then rotary machines but is it affect the final stage ? i dont know, maybe i would use both and see how it works

i dont decide the clear coat yet too a lot of people say dont waste your money with dvelup's go head with minvax spar urethane/ or other marine varnishes i am very confused with the clear cotes
mend master

Post by mend master »

Using a drill will tend to leave directional pigtails in the lens especially with lower grit paper. The proper tool for sanding is a D/A. They are not that expensive and if you plan to pursue a professional career, a person needs to make the necessary investment in tools, training, and product.
bryan20

It´s no coincidence when you come across

Post by bryan20 »

It´s no coincidence when you come across developments in a Metabo tool that you won`t find elsewhere - and always based on those same.
snow123

Post by snow123 »

Hey Guys. New to the forum today. Nothing to add yet but I do have a Metabo question. Just about to purchase the Metabo Headlight backing plate #Z990064 from this site. Has anybody got any feedback on how the extended backing plate affects the performance of the machine? Looking to get that extra reach without compromising the effectiveness of the cut or the handling at levels 4-6. Thanks. G