Formal warranty papers or no?

Discuss all aspects of headlight restoration, including marketing, technical, and business advice.
Cryatal_Image
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Formal warranty papers or no?

Post by Cryatal_Image »

I was wondering, how many of you give out formal warranty papers after your HLR/WSR's (maybe a gray type paper with a gold seal sticker or something); do you just keep a record of his/her data in your home or office or how do you all do that? ALso what about invoices? I have quikbooks installed on my computer but dont think i need to be carrying around my laptop and printer. Do we need to be that high tech? I am still working on an invoice design but i dont want to leave anything out. Maybe their is some premade from delta, not sure. They seem to have everything else ;)
pommy
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Re: Formal warranty papers or no?

Post by pommy »

I personally wouldn't give out a warranty.

Too many conditions to include on it - you HAVE to do that, otherwise they can clean them with wire wool and say you didn't tell them not to - or harsh chemicals - you can't cover them all, so the warranty HAS to include them.

Same with the WSR's, no formal warranty as such. Tell them it's guranteed for the life of the screen (as long as the owner doesn't change) or you will come out and fix it again free, or offer a money back guarantee. I do the latter.

Regarding invoicing, depends on who the customer is. Commercial customers, I do the job and then take a photo with my phone of the reg. number or the stock number/car and that's it.

When I get home, I open my photos and I put them in an invoice, print it for my records, scan it and email it to them with my payment terms.

Retail customers always pay cash with me, so that's that ;)
If the job doesn't mean more than the pay, it will never pay more.
sunshine wr

Post by sunshine wr »

my warranty for ws repair is in ghost print on the back of my invoice
jimmymaguire

Post by jimmymaguire »

Hi every body,

Almost registered brand provide the same. It's offer a piece of mind to customer's. We always try to make our customer satisfied coz they will definitely visit you again if they found you genuine. Lot's of condition's already applied over the warranty. Warranty papers are just a formality. Lot's of condition's already applied over the warranty.