cure time

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
michalek
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

cure time

Post by michalek »

i am new to the business and was wandering what the recommended cure time is using the battery operated uv lamp
Kgobin
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Re: cure time

Post by Kgobin »

When using Delta Kits equipment we recommend a 5 minute cure.
Korey Gobin
Delta Kits, Inc.
jimmymaguire

Post by jimmymaguire »

Hi Michalek,

5-8 min cure time is sufficient time. But in battery operated uv lamp's need different time according to the weather. If there is cold weather then need to increase the volt of the light. But in general weather 12v is sufficient for battery operated uv lamp's.

Thanx.
edwardsmary

Post by edwardsmary »

I agree with Jimmy, Lamp operated battery differ with weather around during cold cure time increases whereas during warm summer it decreases. The fluctuating cure time might range between 5-10 mins.
screenman
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Post by screenman »

Why does temperature affects the curing time? I am sure that you guys who say it does will have the answers for me.
jimmymaguire

Post by jimmymaguire »

Hi Screenman,

We are her to answer your query. As we all know that in cold weather “warm up” time increases very high. Suppose if we work in normal weather then the "warm up" time is 1 min for example, and if we do same in cold weather then the “warm up” time may increase up to double. So the temperature plays vital role in cure time.
screenman
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Post by screenman »

I am curious as to what effect heat and cold has on the UV length, as in does it still work within the parameters set for curing. I fully understand that a battery UV light may take slightly longer to warm up due too poor battery performance in the cold, however once warm and the light is working we presume at maximum efficiency should curing time not be the same for different glass temperature.

I use the 40-14 9watt curing lamp on a 12v 22amp hour battery that is kept as close as possible to full charge all the time, I have so far found this to be very effective in curing, the small battery operated type I feel would not be up to what I require of a UV curing lamp.