Sams Club W/S tents

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
starbreak462
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Sams Club W/S tents

Post by starbreak462 »

Yesterday I saw a Windshield Repair tent set up at Sams club in Topeka, Kansas advertising Free windshield repairs. They even had a table set up in the store asking people if they need their windshields repaired. They are charging $40.00 for cash jobs. Does anyone know if they are a part of Wal-Mart. I called the store and they told me they were out of the main Arkansas office. If so this is not good for our industry to have a Big Box store involved, unless they are certified and have some experiance under thier belts. It could drive people away from our legimitate businesses What do you think?
GlassStarz
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Re: Sams Club W/S tents

Post by GlassStarz »

Its like the Hot dog stand outside they contract for the space :)
dnkies

Post by dnkies »

What was the name of the WSR company?
sunshine wr

Post by sunshine wr »

They are also in my area . here they call themselves safety first safety fast with Jeffery Earnhardt (some kin to Dale) as sponsor . I was told by the manager it was a "road show'' handled from bentonville . Watched (about 2 hrs on 2 different days) them do surface chips, never saw an injector with this outfit .
starbreak462

Post by starbreak462 »

Sunshine Wr, You are right, I went over there this afternoon and did some detective work. Inquired about their service, and watched them do 2 repairs (So Called) they were just doing surface chips. I asked the guy why he was doing these and he said that a small surface chip will crack out if not filled in. (BULL) I have been doing this for 9 years and have turned down these very small chips that customers called about because I am an honest businessman. These chips they were fixing will never crack, and they were calling them into the Networks. Fraud is what I say. I finally pried out of one of the (So Called Windshield Technicians) what company they work for and they told me CHIPIO from Overland Park Kansas. I looked up CHIPIO National and they have a website. This company is the type of people that are giving us Windshield repair businesses a bad name. These are the Real Windshield Repair Bullies that I here the US Government radio ads about for insurance fraud on the AM radio that also reflect badly on us and our industry. I went in to Sam’s and talked with the Asst. Manager and told her Sam’s was being part of this fraud by letting them do this on their property. She told me it was contracted or authorized out of Bentonville home office and I told her they are ruining our good names by letting these crooks do this. She said she would talk with the store manager and see what they could do,and I told her I will check up on her in a day or two. I then called the Kansas Insurance Commissioners office but they did not want to deal with it and told me to call the Attorney General which I already did and they sent me to the Insurance Commissioner, seems they have bigger fish to fry. I would not have a problem with them doing repairs in a tent at Sam's club parking lot, (That's how I got started in a shopping center parking lot but I fixed real problems like combo breaks and bullseyes and starbreaks and even some long cracks). These guys are crooks and giving us all a bad name!
shibubu

Post by shibubu »

There is a simple solution. Take it to the press! Call your local newspaper and get a meeting with the press manager and take your findings to them. Same thing with your local television station and have them do an undercover report on them. I just recently picked up a car wash in my area and have all of my ducks in a row for such an issue. If I see them set up at my local sam's those will be the first two calls that I will make and then the State Insurance Comissioner will have NO CHOICE but to get involved. I have no problem with competition, but It better be legit competition! :twisted:
sunshine wr

Post by sunshine wr »

shibubu-keep your eyes open this is supposedly a national road show , 1 week and they're GONE . I've seen them in 2 locations 40 miles apart in Ga. If you missed it I posted about chipio a few months ago .
GlassStarz

Post by GlassStarz »

As usual the folks who havnt been able to go bigtime mumble and grumble because someone has and how dare they do it in your area :lol: . Get over it you dont know what kind of repairs they do and certainly only a tard would call the press most folks who have heard a report will just assume we are all that way nothing good will come from it. I find it a bit funny that someone would walk into a store and complain to the Mgr about a competitor again get over it and go to work there are many ways to earn a living doing this. I gotta wonder if you saw another tech working on a car would you approach the customer and regail them with why you are better? :lol: . I guess it breaks down to whether you want to be a strong buisness person or a whiney old lady looking to blame others for your failures got something positive to say that will help others post it here on the board want to whine and throw rocks there are other places for that.
That scraping sound was me putting the soap box away
Windshield911

Post by Windshield911 »

I agree with glass star but commas and periods would be nice. Haha
GlassStarz

Post by GlassStarz »

Hard to do with this stupid phone and internet system here in Mexico lol :D and keeping the spanish spell checker from turning things around is always a challenge