Infinity durability

Discuss all aspects of headlight restoration, including marketing, technical, and business advice.
cdirks
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Infinity durability

Post by cdirks »

Hello,
I have posted on the windshield repair forums a few times but am looking to add headlight restoration too. I was wondering how the new Infinity is holding up on jobs that are a year out now. I know some of you do not give warranties or stopped giving warranties on HLR. I would like some feedback from some of you who have been doing this for awhile and any recommendations you might have. Basically is the Infinity a product you are comfortable using as compared to other products on the market?
candyman

Re: Infinity durability

Post by candyman »

The product was tested bu seveal of us last summer. It wasnt put on the market untill about Oct 2011. I havent looked at the vehicles I tested in a few months. I havent had any calls from the owners either. I will try to spot chek tham when I get back from San Diego and post the results of my findings.
part-timer

Post by part-timer »

Candyman,

Do you know the "Shelf Life" of the Infinity 4.1?
candyman

Post by candyman »

I just got back from San Diego this morning. As far as I know at this moment. There has not been a shelf life established for the infiniti. Its that new. THat was one of my first questions when I tested it.
Brent Deines
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Post by Brent Deines »

Currently 2 years on the shelf unopened.
Brent Deines
Delta Kits, Inc.
candyman

Post by candyman »

Good afternoon Brent. Am I correct to say we dont know yet what the open shelf life is after its open! I took my old orbital to San Diego and the infiniti 4.1 and pads. I did my sons Mustang 2003. They look like new again. He lives at Pacific Beach. I saw plenty of work, yet I discovered after talking to people a few things. You have those that only make repairs when absolutely needed and those that baby their cars. Not many are in a garage. In the middle are a few that would maintain their HL's. I left that kit in California so my son could maintain his car and pick up a few dollars if needed. He is attending college in San Diego pending acceptance at San Deigo University or ?? for medical school next year. My son had never seen me do a HLR and was amazed at the results. I will check this week the vehicles I tested last year and post my findings. Have a good day.
Brent Deines
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Post by Brent Deines »

We'll never be able to say with absolute certainty how long it will last in the bottle once opened. Just like with windshield repair resin, there are just too many variables. For example, some technicians may leave their bottles out in the hot sun with the cap off for extended periods of time. We just can't control such things. I can tell you however, that in our shop we have had partial bottles sitting around since long before we started selling the product. Some are still sealed while others we open from time to time an still others we have been using on a regular basis. So far no problems.

As a technician you are only going to have one set of bottles open at a time but for testing purposes we work out of several different bottles so that we can simulate every possible scenario. If the product does not get contaminated with moisture, dirt, etc., and the bottle is kept tightly capped and out of the sun when not being used, it will last a very long time after opening. There's just no way for us to know that is being done once the bottle has been opened.
Brent Deines
Delta Kits, Inc.
candyman

Post by candyman »

I just checked my test vehicles from last year. All the vehicles looked good. One of the vehicles a Ford was clear however it looked a little faded. I am certain its the type of lens that it has, that gives it a dimmer clarity. It looks like little grids on the inside about 1/4 inch apart across the entire lens. I also checked several vehicles that were not part of the test group for the Infiniti 4.1. They also still looked clear. A few of them needed to be cleaned and I used some prep spray and a polish pad. These owners almost nerver cleaned their vehicles. One lady said she changes her oil once a year and will drive it through the car wash maybe twice a year. My thinking at this time. The product seems to be holding up. We are in the 90 to 105 degree days here with high humidity. If something is going to change I will know within the next 6 - 8 weeks. I will keep you posted on any change. Its about 103 at the moment and thunderstorms expected within the next 4 hours. Have a good day.