NEW TO THE BUSINESS

This forum is dedicated to sales, marketing, insurance, and other business development issues. Since this is a Windshield Repair sub forum, please continue to use the other forums on this board to discuss non-windshield repair related issues of any nature.
cody_o
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

NEW TO THE BUSINESS

Post by cody_o »

Hello everyone, my name is Cody. I used to work for a wsr business as an entry level employee, and as you all know, that got old real quick. I live in Southern California and I am starting up a wsr business with a buddy of mine. So far it has been quite confusing (this is my first business start-up), and I would really appreciate some help. I have already submitted my business license app and my bureau of automotive repair licensing app. There are just a couple more things I could use some expertise for:

First off I need a sample invoice or maybe a website where i can obtain one? Second, I have no clue what kind of insurance I need for my business? If anyone knows of a reliable and fairly priced insurance company, please let me know!

And of course, anything else you would like to throw in there would be great! I'll take all the advice i can get.

Thank You
DryStar

Re: NEW TO THE BUSINESS

Post by DryStar »

Refer to Kgobins "Search the post" thread. You'll find all the info your looking for.
fabian0224

Post by fabian0224 »

Welcome Cody ,
you came to the right place for help , I myself started a couple of months ago with the same questions you had.
regarding your insurance go with LRI there very affordable and make sure your set up with all the networks if your going to be billing insurances. Second make sure you have your city permits if needed depending if your going to be mobile, its different for me over here in houston. Now about your invoice I recommend you talk to korey he will set u up with everything. Let me tell you because of him I now have a business, he's been such a great help. Anything else you need feel free to contact me , I'm here to help.

Fabian alvarado
chipaway windshield repair
Eco Steam
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Post by Eco Steam »

The insurance company is RLI, just do an internet search or pm me and ill give you my RLI agents info. I paid about $575 for a $1 mill policy and this also has garage keepers. Korey will assist you with an invoice, but this is also dependent upon how you're planning to invoice, paper, electronic or both. I personally use an iPad for everything, its less mess, and everything is organized right where I need want it to be.

I have several documents in an app that I can open and if I need the customer to sign, they can right on the screen and I can send it to their email immediately.

You will find ways to simplify things as you move forward, the best thing you could ever do though, is ask questions here if you have any doubts or major concerns, because you're chatting with people that have been in this industry for a long time and some just a short time, so you get different perspectives from a variety of WSR techs/owners.

Good luck and feel free to ask me any questions you may have.

ATX
fabian0224

Post by fabian0224 »

ooops i didn't notice i had wrote LRI instead of RLI sorry about that misleading information : )
cody_o

Post by cody_o »

hey thanks for all the info guys. its helped out a ton and im glad to say that im only about a week away from opening up!
timclavin

Post by timclavin »

Hi guys,

I'm having a hard time locating "LRI" Insurance. Could someone please post a link or maybe a more complete name.

Thanks for the help.

Tim
Brent Deines
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Post by Brent Deines »

http://www.rlicorp.com/contact/default.asp

Be sure to have them explain garage keeper's insurance to you and ask for a quote on liability with and without garage keeper's. Personally I would not do business in this industry without it but there are many who opt for the less expensive liability only. Whichever you choose make sure you are making an educated decision.
Brent Deines
Delta Kits, Inc.
ctmandu1

Post by ctmandu1 »

I was able to get liability w/garage keepers for a little less then $75 a month threw them... one headlight job does that for me... to me well worth it