Billing Insurance Companies

This forum is dedicated to sales, marketing, insurance, and other business development issues. Since this is a Windshield Repair sub forum, please continue to use the other forums on this board to discuss non-windshield repair related issues of any nature.
cody_o
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Billing Insurance Companies

Post by cody_o »

So I'm finally ready to get started. I signed up with Safelite, Lynx, and State Farm, and got my insurance and invoices. But I'm still not sure how to go about billing? Any helpful information would be appreciated. I already looked at edirectglass.com but I wasn't sure if their rates were good, and what is a NAGS license?
Brent Deines
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Re: Billing Insurance Companies

Post by Brent Deines »

Congrats on getting signed up with the major networks. That's the first hurtle and sometimes the last for newbies. Did you sign up for any other networks?

Are you replacing glass? If not you don't really need to worry about NAGS. It's primarily a calculator for auto glass prices. If so, you'll want to work with a company that is already licensed to distribute NAGS http://glass.mitchell.com/nags.asp.

I'd be happy to chat with you about your billing options. Your best option is going to depend on your business model so after asking a few questions I can point you in the right direction(s). What works best for the individual doing a few repairs per week is not necessarily the best for someone doing 100 repairs per week or someone running multiple locations doing 1000 repairs per week.

Other important factors include...

Do you replace or only repair?
Are you in a fixed location or completely mobile?
Are you comfortable doing all your billing on a computer or do you prefer paper invoices, fax machines, etc.
Do you want the convenience of doing all your invoicing and billing from your tablet, smart phone or laptop?
Are you willing to make an upfront investment to save money in the long run did you spend your last dime yesterday?
Do you want some record keeping capabilities or are you just looking for a way to send your invoices to the networks?
Do you expect to grow quickly and feel confident your business plan will allow you to do so? Be honest about this if you call because it pays to plan for the future.

There's more but that gives you an idea of what you need to consider before making the best possible decision and why I don't try to do through this on the forum with every new member. Much simpler and easier on the telephone.
Brent Deines
Delta Kits, Inc.