Who to talk to about setting up a tent

This forum is dedicated to sales, marketing, insurance, and other business development issues. Since this is a Windshield Repair sub forum, please continue to use the other forums on this board to discuss non-windshield repair related issues of any nature.
ministry4u
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Who to talk to about setting up a tent

Post by ministry4u »

I have been getting the run around from manager to manager to property management people to needing to contact corporate. I see people set up at malls and grocery stores. I am just curious if there is an overwhelming direction that others take (that I'm obviously not) to get permission. I shy away from just setting my stuff up and being run off. I have my license and insurance info if somebody needs, but I just feel like I'm running in circles. Any help would be great. Thanks much! :shock: :?
candyman

Re: Who to talk to about setting up a tent

Post by candyman »

I've discovered over the past few years that some of th sites need approval from Corprate office and in some cases the rental management owner. Liability is an issue for some of the big companies. Find a owner operated business that is located in a heavly travel area. You will only deal with that individual unless he leases his property. I Checked an old service station out last week. I was told by the city only one type of business can be operated out of that location within the city. A few stations are grandfathered. Example. Muffler and state inspection station. Cant sell tires, do auto work etc... Auto dealer lot. Cant do any other type of business . Laws very from city to city. and state.
timclavin

Post by timclavin »

It's been awhile since you posted on getting a tent location. If you read this I would like to know what you have learned about getting a tent location as I'm going to pursue one also.

I would appreciate the info.

Tim
ministry4u

Post by ministry4u »

The results are hard to say. I got a location after talking to a lot of people. I rent the space for $50/day, but only use it a couple Saturdays a month. When I used it every day, the numbers started going down. It's a great spot for traffic. I tried finding another location to split weeks between and haven't found a good one yet. I have had a couple business owners invite me to their locations, but the traffic is minimal and I didn't accept their offers. I am still looking, I just get busy and don't get around to hunting down places. One piece of advice that I recieved offline was to find businesses that own their property (hard here where everything is a strip mall). I wish there was an easy this is the way to do it answer, but I have not found it yet. I have not given up, just need to find time. ;)