All this talk about curing lights, what i'd really like to

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
screenman
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Re: All this talk about curing lights, what i'd really like

Post by screenman »

Candyman, I bought 4 batteries along with a charger for £13 or about $18. I can say that the new light is the best light I have had in my kit for the last 25 years.
glassdoctor

Post by glassdoctor »

screenman, what would you say to a light that's even better yet? 8-)
screenman

Post by screenman »

I would ask what you are comparing it with, how you tested it, the results from testing. I would have also asked this question in private as I have some manners.
Eco Steam

Post by Eco Steam »

14u2ponder wrote:
screenman wrote:You just cannot do a nice reply, can you.
Everything about his post was sarcastically-slanted at making my request sound ridiculous, I don't feel I am out of line with what I said if somebody chimes in like that. And while people might assume that I was not being serious about it, I've spent a fair amount of time scouring the web and hardware stores for a quality mototool, but there are just not any made. Dremel owns the market. It's no surprise to me that in 1993 Bosch took over Dremel, because it was around that time when you could still buy a quality Dremel.
Hum....

14u2ponder I honestly don't care if you have been doing repairs for 30 years or 1 year, you get on this forum and have NOTHING nice to say about anything or anyone....... EVER!. Your posts are full of sarcasm, disrespect, and mostly consist of vocal diarrhea.

Plain and simple... If you go out of your way to start your own tread on what you would be excited about, the least you can do is elaborate a little for the enquiring minds out here within the forum, or maybe the people that monitor it.....or DON'T POST AT ALL!

By telling everyone the mototool, that tells everyone NOTHING, unless of course they were doing this in the early 90s

The forum is for the Windshield Repair Community to come to and ask questions and to hopefully get answers and guidance, not for you to come onto and be a grinch or scrooge......because thats the only consistent thing about you!

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

ATX
Mr Bill

Post by Mr Bill »

I have never had a Dremel MiniMite burn out or cease to operate for any reason, other than the battery ran out of juice and needed recharging or replacing.
After eight years of use , I still have my original Dremel in my kit.
Unfortunately , I did not know about WSR 20 years ago, so I missed the opportunity to buy one of the old tools.
I wish you every success in your search for a better tool and look forward to you sharing the good news with us when you do.
Nomad

Post by Nomad »

I have bought some dremels lately that have a lot of runout. One, a 7.2 volt multi tool like the mini mite but with a larger battery cannot even use a polisher with it as it wobbles so much. The latest mini mite seems to be OK. Have a 10.8 lithium that also had a lot of runout but put a right angle attachment on it and that cured it. The 7.2 actually broke bits when I tried to use it with a carbide burr. I have an old mini and also an old 7.2 and they run very smoothly. No detectable runout at all. Problem is that the batteries are no longer available for these. I am going to rebuild two or three sometime and see what happens.

The 10.8 with the right angle attachment is nice for tight places. Works fine as a regular drill but in my opinion is too large to carry around in my kit. So I'll use the old ones until all my batteries bite the dust.

You all have a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. May you live long and prosper.
Mr Bill

Post by Mr Bill »

Nomad wrote:The 10.8 with the right angle attachment is nice for tight places. .
Tight places on a windshield?
Where?
GlassStarz

Post by GlassStarz »

Tight places for me would be the overhanging sunshade or roof racks that dip down at the top on commercial vehicles :D
Mr Bill

Post by Mr Bill »

GlassStarz wrote:Tight places for me would be the overhanging sunshade or roof racks that dip down at the top on commercial vehicles :D
That makes sense.
Nomad

Post by Nomad »

Use it under visors or whatever you call them, mostly on pickups, sometimes on class C motor homes where the overhang is over the windshield. Places like that. Use it for drilling on regular stuff once in a while but not too often. Had a guy today that wanted his rear view mirror button moved and used a grinder wheel on this to clean off the old adhesive. Comes in handy sometimes.

Getting the button off was the scary part though, heated it and twisted and pulled with a pliers until it finally gave up. Glad I didn't break any glass! I think I need a bigger heater than a micro torch for this, has anyone used a drystar? I have one but didn't think to try it.