fleet acounts for dummies!

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
big don
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

fleet acounts for dummies!

Post by big don »

Hi i am just wondering if anyone out there can give a new guy some advice on how to get a fleet account. Any info would be nice thanks!
bill lambeth

Re: fleet acounts for dummies!

Post by bill lambeth »

There is no hidden secret to landing fleet accounts! There is a lot of leg work and jumping through hoops to land these. The main thing is being diligent and don't give up because you never know when the guy they had been using could disappear . This will put you in the right place at the right time . I never am pushy when I cold call them because I never want to appear desperate. You can offer a free repair.Cosmetics are great but these guys are looking at the bottom line of not replacing the w/s or having the vehicle down and not generating income. Don't take that the wrong way because I do all repairs the same quality as best of my ability! Hang in there and you will catch a big fish!
GlassStarz
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Post by GlassStarz »

Car lots are difficult walk the lot make a list of what you see then walk in and introduce yourself to the Used Car Manager. If you sow some out there his guy may not be coming around often enough or possibly he does'nt have one. Give him your price tell him what you saw. You may have to keep stopping by and be ready for it to take a while to get in the door. :)
Trucking and delivery vehicles are the same check to see what is there and go in always ask for the buisness now . A bunch of guys drop off cards and never ask for the work. :cry:
Chips_Away_Windshield_Repair

Post by Chips_Away_Windshield_Repair »

Sell sell sell!
screenman

Post by screenman »

And never stop selling.
big don

Post by big don »

Just want to take time and say thanks to every one for all the good advice.can any one show me how the billing process works when billing fleet acounts.
bill lambeth

Post by bill lambeth »

You give them an invoice and they will send you a check. Some fleets will require a separate invoice for each vehicle. Also some will pay with credit cards and some will make you charge each one separate. This is something you need to discuss when you set the account up.
DavidCook

Post by DavidCook »

We appreciate the input it was helpful
Certifications:
Sika Urethane
Dow Chemical
Dinitrol
CRL Lawrence
Glasweld
Glass Technology