Question about school bus wsr

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
fixit
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Question about school bus wsr

Post by fixit »

Was wondering if any of you guys ever pursued bus chips for the county and if so how did it work out? Are they priced the same? All comments will be appreciated.
bill lambeth

Re: Question about school bus wsr

Post by bill lambeth »

I have 2 different county school buses system. They are flat glass of course.The price is fairly low because you can replace them so easy and the glass is fairly inexpensive. With that said , I have an account tomorrow that I will work and the pay is good because they have new buses with one piece big w/s. I dont known if this helps but that's basically it!
Mattcurtiss

Post by Mattcurtiss »

It can depend some, but I work for do the repairs for 3 local school districts pay is lower, but a good still a good account. Most buses are checked regularly
screenman
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Post by screenman »

I do accounts like this as part of my fleet accounts and they are very nice business, always a good hit when the kids are on holidays and the buses parked up. But of course there is still work on them between those holidays.

As you drive along the road you will see thousands of different vehicles from different companies, chase the big company names that you see often, that is where the big money is in WSR.
bill lambeth

Post by bill lambeth »

Let me add one thing to this and I am not sure why I didn't say this earlier. I have one city bus account that has Auto Owners on each bus and they pay me 60 a bus but they only have about 25 buses.
fixit

Post by fixit »

Thanks guys however no one has given me a normal or average charge for a school bus. I dont want to get out before I get in because of to pricey.Please keep the comments coming.I'm new to the forum but loving it.Thanks again
bill lambeth

Post by bill lambeth »

Every market is different . I would say 25 to 35 dollars per glass.
screenman

Post by screenman »

I charge $70 per glass so you can see the problem we have giving prices out. I would also add that when a customer tells you they can get a glass cheap check, I did once and put my prices up considerable. The customer told me they could get a certain windshield for about £100 what they really meant was £175 plus fitting and trims, along with stand down time, lost profits etc.

I would say Mr Bill is very low at those prices, however if he is doing 10 or 20 per visit there may be some money in it, trouble is for one offs it would be a big money loser for me and an account I would not be interested in.
GlassStarz

Post by GlassStarz »

When I was in Vermont I had several bus fleets. I would do them all on a school holiday so you could get them all at the same time. They were cheap but using several injectors at a time in a assembly line fashion you can do a bunch in a short time. I would charge them a flat rate for the bunch :D those ones with the 2 piece flat pieces the glass is more like $20 and takes less than 5 minutes to replace so cheap is the key word here
bill lambeth

Post by bill lambeth »

Glass! Yep ! I agree ! 4 injectors and rock it in about two hours ! Very good money! Heck you can Install one in about 20 minutes or less! So you can't be high on price! Each is to their own! Graham is the master at 70 a whack :shock: