Paying an emplotee

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
EASrepair
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Paying an emplotee

Post by EASrepair »

Hello
I am starting up my windshield repair company, and I am talking to an experienced repair tech about coming to work for me. What does an experienced tech make? I hav a deal with a gas station and he will be doing cars that pull in with dinged windshields. Do i pay part salary and part commissipoin since he will have to work a bit to get the jobs?
screenman
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Re: Paying an emplotee

Post by screenman »

Any tech worth his salt should be on about $1,000 per week. Most of the so called techs over here I would not pay in peanuts though.
bill lambeth

Post by bill lambeth »

I can a sure that here in the US Techs working for someone else DO NOT make a $1000 dollars a week. I pay mine a percentage of what he does ! No way will I pay them a flat salary per week!
GlassStarz

Post by GlassStarz »

A commission is the way to go the harder he works the more he makes. People on a salary tend to do the minimum. ;)
screenman

Post by screenman »

Bill if they are not making that figure, then they should be tell them to stop messing and start working. It is after all only 6 repairs per day, as for a basic that totally depends on the person I know of some very good sales people who get a basic but it does not stop them working hard.

Hardest things is finding the right person who is happy to give you a share once they realise how easy the job is, along with how cheap it is to get into.

Employ somebody with sales experience as it is easier to teach them repair techniques than the other way around.