This might explain why we see bad repairs?

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
chipfix

This might explain why we see bad repairs?

Post by chipfix »

This is a Canadian company that hires summer students http://topstudentemployer.com/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-__6sU_bGc#t=199
You cant find one location open now that they are back to school.

Delta supplies their tools,so this might disappear?
As someone who works hard to make a living at this job and sees so many bad repairs after spending the time and gas to get there!!!
I just had to vent!!!!!!!!!
sunshine wr

Re: This might explain why we see bad repairs?

Post by sunshine wr »

Is DK their supplier ?
screenman
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Post by screenman »

Well I think that it is another way of doing WSR and full marks to the company for at least training the guys. Over here a lot of the poor repairs are carried out by the major replacement guys. I know of plenty of guys who have been making a living from glass repair some for over 20 years now, they still not dry out or use any UV protection.

I would say now the guys are back at school you will be flat out with work, they have educated people to the benefits of glass repair and left an open market for you to step into,I would like to see that happen over here.
GlassStarz

Post by GlassStarz »

In most cases poor repairs are the fault of a bad performed repair not the equipment used. :)
benswindshieldrepair
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Post by benswindshieldrepair »

I don't see a problem. Properly trained tech's doing the job is a good thing. No? You offer no evidence of poor workmanship. Certainly you might take exception to the fact that college students are doing the work, but has there been any evidence that they do it poorly? I follow this company and I feel they do a great job in training tomorrow's entrepreneurs. Those are the people we need. Delta Kits, if they supply them, is doing everything right, from what I have observed and I have been following this company since its infancy. Go Deco!!!
benswindshieldrepair
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Post by benswindshieldrepair »

Oh, another note: They do offer services outside of summer but it is limited to select areas. This is a wise business plan, in my opinion. My business is very limited in winter months and therefore, customers interested in windshield repair are far more willing to travel for the services offered as opposed to me driving 40 miles to render my aid...it just makes sense in my opinion.
GlassStarz

Post by GlassStarz »

There are places where weather makes working outside at gas Stations etc difficult. Summer is nice in Canad but Winter not so much LOL Why would it be hard to understand why this type of business would be seasonal? :o
sunshine wr

Post by sunshine wr »

I was just wondering it looked like DK tools in the pictures ,I wasn't saying the repairs were bad because of equipment
GlassStarz wrote:In most cases poor repairs are the fault of a bad performed repair not the equipment used. :)