Once A Year Opportunity

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
SuperGlassDave
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Once A Year Opportunity

Post by SuperGlassDave »

This week is the only chance to go to AutoGlassWeek in Tampa and meet more people from the glass industry than you ever have!

Lots of good repair people, lots of equipment vendors, some great speakers and a ton of information about insurance, technical and political changes in our business. I would think watching the W/S Repair Olympics could be educational value even if you only learn a couple of things there.

I'm going because I get so much out of it each time I attend. There are a lot of smart people there, trading ideas and information on how to be successful in a changing industry. I doubt that many people who have attended on have regrets from it.

Hope to see you there if you make it. - David Casey - SuperGlass Windshield Repair, Inc.
Kgobin
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Re: Once A Year Opportunity

Post by Kgobin »

Its been good networking with people in the industry, meeting forum members, watching the competitions, and listening in on the educational seminars.
Korey Gobin
Delta Kits, Inc.
SuperGlassDave

Post by SuperGlassDave »

The seminars were very interesting, especially the manufactuing processes and reasons for the difference in OEM and aftermarket.

The keynote speakers were very interesting and both pretty inspiring. Everyone could use a little of that once in a while, even us old guys.

There were a lot of talented, committed people there who are doing a great job with their business. There were many glass industry members who were there to help the various organizations further their agendas. Auto Glass Safety County, NWRA, ROLAGs and more held meeting after meeting to help the glass industry. There were lots of people there willing to share their expertise, knowledge and experience.

The trade show exhibited the newest tools from just about every company in the business and the Windshield Repair Olympics demonstrated some of the best examples of customer interaction and procedures from top notch repair technicians.

If you weren't interested in this event, you can't be too interested in this business because it turned out to be important to everyone who came. (I think)

Think about next year if you didn't make it this year. Show your own business the respect of learning all you can about it and maybe even contributing some of your own time and expertise to help the industry that you work in. All of the organizations welcome participation from operators, managers and technicians.
the big welshman

Post by the big welshman »

Hey there Dave, Its a pity that the NWRA couldn't go back to the old days of having a separate meeting for NWRA members only ?? The last NWRA meeting I attended was in LAS VEGAS