$150 for delta kit

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
Mr Bill
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Re: $150 for delta kit

Post by Mr Bill »

Why do you need a forum at all, if 99% of the questions have already been answered and stored in the DK archives?
I have done a whole passel of repairs and yet I am continually learning, and refining my technique, because every repair is unique.
I still like to exchange ideas with techs on other forums.
The slide hammer was invented by a member of this forum.
If nobody had asked questions about the best way to pop a bullseye, then DK would not sell slide hammers to WSR techs today.
200 years ago, somebody said that everything in the world had already been invented and that in the future, there would be no new inventions.
I guess he never imagined a telephone or an Ipad. Huh?
screenman

Post by screenman »

Mr Bill, I spend a lot of time on here and away from the forum answering questions about WSR, I am passionate about both this trade and the forum. That said I can at times come across maybe a tad crass, sometimes it is intended others not so, in the case of this post it was not.

So let us look at this topic, first as others have said the research is quite easy.

Now we have to guess that value of something we know nothing about, have not even seen it, nor has the OP. Now a little effort on their side would have got a lot more informed reply from myself.

In my passion for this trade I want the people to be in it who want to succeed, who want to put the time and effort in to learn the job properly, who want to conduct them selves professionally. I want the people thinking about getting into our trade to do just that, think and think hard. It is not an easy ride, you will get knock backs, you will get disappointments, and if you do everything right and work hard you will be like some of the guys who post on here successful.

So to the OP, give me more information and somebody who has done extremely well out of the trade for over 25 years will give you a bit more of their time for free, that is if you want it.

Not forgetting that somebody on here also pushed the use of a heatsink out there.
schnazzybo

Post by schnazzybo »

Well, so far this forum has been anything but helpful, thanks for the welcome wagon! I wonder how many other potential customers the negative posters have driven to another company? I just bought a kit from a competitor. Delta should really take a look at the way this site is managed.
Brent Deines

Post by Brent Deines »

schnazzybo, I'm very sorry the forum was of no help to you. It's unfortunate that you did not simply call Delta Kits to ask the same question as you would have received quite a different reception. We would have asked you a series of questions that would have allowed us to provide a reasonably accurate value for the equipment in question. However, you chose instead to post on an open forum, and it simply would not be much of a forum if we edited out all the posts we do not like.

I'm glad you found a system you like and wish you all the best. Even though you bought a competitor's system we are happy to help in any way we can. Just remember, if you want Delta Kits assistance you need to contact Delta Kits directly. The forum is for windshield repair technicians to share their opinions, not a place for Delta Kits or any other mfg to sell products.

Again, I wish you all the best!
Brent Deines
Delta Kits, Inc.
screenman

Post by screenman »

This goes to show how honest the Delta forum is, at any time Brent could have jumped in and shut this topic, he could easily have contacted the guy himself to calm the water and sell a kit.
t4k

Post by t4k »

Delta Kits and it's employees are some of the most friendly, accommodating and customer service based people I have ever dealt with in any industry!!

Some of the posters on this forum.....not so much!
Brent Deines

Post by Brent Deines »

Schnazzybo asked me to deactivate his account in writing. It has been deactivated.
Brent Deines
Delta Kits, Inc.
Mr Bill

Post by Mr Bill »

t4k wrote:Delta Kits and it's employees are some of the most friendly, accommodating and customer service based people I have ever dealt with in any industry!!

Some of the posters on this forum.....not so much!
My rule of thumb:
Just be nice to people."
Lead by example.
Lotsa times when I am doing a repair, people will ask me the same questions that the last six customers have asked.
I don't mind answering them, its part of the job.
If someone asks a question on the forum that has been asked before, and you don't feel like answering it again. ; you don't have to .
Just step aside and let someone else answer it when they are ready to do so.
I went to a high school in Ireland, where some of teachers would ridicule me if I asked a question .
Sadly; the only thing I really learned well at that school was "not to answer questions".
When I worked in electronics, my bosses often selected me to train new guys because I didn't mind repeating something over and over until the trainee had absorbed what I was trying to teach him.
Different people absorb new knowledge different ways and at different speeds.
Some people will pick something up right away, and others need to be told a few more times until they grasp it.
Some people are hopeless at looking up information on the computer too.
We are all different.
If we were all the same, there would be one flavor of ice cream and one TV channel.
screenman

Post by screenman »

Chocolate, no Toffee, err! I cannot make up my mind on the one.

I have apologised for my first post on this topic, to be honest and I am sure a few will agree it looked very troll like.

Mr Bill if you met me you would know I am nicer than some of my replies.