NEED LIST OF NUMBERS FOR INSURANCE COMPANIES

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
5star
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

NEED LIST OF NUMBERS FOR INSURANCE COMPANIES

Post by 5star »

IM JUST STARTING MY REPAIR BUSINESS AND IN NEED OF A LIST OF NUMBERS FOR INSURANCE COMPANIES. ALSO I HAVE REGISTERED WITH LYNX..WHO ELSE DO I NEED TO REGISTER WITH??..PLZ HELP IF YOU CAN
Kgobin

Re: NEED LIST OF NUMBERS FOR INSURANCE COMPANIES

Post by Kgobin »

I would say you need to register with the networks (Lynx, SGC, Harmon etc..) and not worry about actual insurance companies.
Korey Gobin
Delta Kits, Inc.
EMCAutoGlass

Post by EMCAutoGlass »

Register with SGC (Safelite Solutions), but you can't be a participant with them until after you've officially been in business for a year. Registration is pretty much for billing purposes only. Don't count on getting any referrals from them as a participant either. Only exception are referrals to jobs outside of Safelite's commuting distance, which means a long drive for you. I'm registered with Lynx, but haven't had a referral from them in over 8 months. Harmon Solutions Group (HSG) is the only one sending me regular referrals (1-3 per week). I recently registered with Gerber National Glass Services and Netcost Claim Services (within the last week), so it's too early to tell if I'll get any referrals from them. I registered with Quest last year to process an invoice for a customer, but I've never received any referrals from them. I also registered with Teleglass last fall and have gotten one referral from them, total.
To summarize, all of the TPA networks I have found are:
1) Safelite Solutions (SGC Network, which is financially affiliated with Safelite Auto Glass)
2) Harmon Solutions Group (HSG)
3) Lynx (primarily just State Farm, which does NOT waive deductibles for windshield repair. Confirm if a customer has a deductible before starting the repair)
4) Gerber National Glass Services
5) Netcost Claim services
6) Quest
7) Teleglass

If anyone knows of any others, please post them, or if you have any luck getting referrals from any of them. I didn't get a referral from HSG for about 4 months so I called them to see what was going on and they reset my profile/radius and referrals started coming in again. Overall though, it certainly doesn't appear you can make a living off referrals from the TPAs. It's best to register with them all to assist with billing. My advice is to set up a binder to store the membership agreements from each network, along with a little process map to remind you how to submit invoices to each one. Most are easy and online, some require different information, and some still use fax machines to receive invoices. Some accept an e-mailed invoice.
Thanks.
-Marty
Glass_Like_New

Post by Glass_Like_New »

Do you need to pay the networks to be registered with them?
EMCAutoGlass

Post by EMCAutoGlass »

Glass_Like_New wrote:Do you need to pay the networks to be registered with them?
Not that I know of. I have never had to pay any of them to register, but Lynx will charge you about $7 per invoice that you submit directly to them for payment (that's 14% of your $50 invoice for one chip repair). It adds up, and I don't like throwing money away. If you're a Delta Kits customer, contact their customer service to discuss EDI billing options for Lynx and they can set you up. I submit invoices directly to every other network (most online) and don't get charged anything.

-Marty
Brent Deines
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Post by Brent Deines »

5star wrote:IM JUST STARTING MY REPAIR BUSINESS AND IN NEED OF A LIST OF NUMBERS FOR INSURANCE COMPANIES. ALSO I HAVE REGISTERED WITH LYNX..WHO ELSE DO I NEED TO REGISTER WITH??..PLZ HELP IF YOU CAN
Those new to the industry ask this question a lot. The NWRA is now providing a list of insurance companies to their members. The phone numbers along with the third party administrators (networks), if any, that they bill through. It is called "The Windshield Repair Technician’s Guide to Contacting and Communicating with Insurance Companies", and it is a pretty comprehensive list.

I think they just started publishing the list last summer and I just received an updated version. Is the list worth the annual dues? What other benefits does the NWRA provide that might help justify the annual dues? Every technician has to answer these questions for themselves.
Brent Deines
Delta Kits, Inc.
getrepaired

Post by getrepaired »

Anyone got any advice for getting insurance work through UK insurance companies?
ColeKCG

Post by ColeKCG »

Does anyone have any knowledge about working with insurance companies in Mexico?
screenman
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Post by screenman »

Can I add as I have done before, there is a better more profitable market than the insured one. Go find it and fill your pockets, fleets and dealers will give you constant work.
ColeKCG

Post by ColeKCG »

screenman wrote:Can I add as I have done before, there is a better more profitable market than the insured one. Go find it and fill your pockets, fleets and dealers will give you constant work.
How did you get registered to deal with fleet cars? Do they use any particular network?