Help a newbie to decide

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
brent
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Re: Help a newbie to decide

Post by brent »

Gotcha! The thing is I'm not blessed with my location (North Europe) and financially so I don't have the luxury to attend and get the proper training from the US. Because of that, I have to rely on other opinions when chosing the right kit and practice 'till I get it right. I know this is a wrong way of doing but that is the struggle that I have to over gone. If some certified professional from Europe is big hearted enough to take me under his wings then I'll be jumping out of joy. Dream on... :roll:
Another newbie
t4k
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Post by t4k »

brent wrote:Gotcha! The thing is I'm not blessed with my location (North Europe) and financially so I don't have the luxury to attend and get the proper training from the US. Because of that, I have to rely on other opinions when chosing the right kit and practice 'till I get it right. I know this is a wrong way of doing but that is the struggle that I have to over gone. If some certified professional from Europe is big hearted enough to take me under his wings then I'll be jumping out of joy. Dream on... :roll:
Check out Screenman. He's on your side of the pond!!
Dr.Chipster

Post by Dr.Chipster »

brent wrote:Gotcha! The thing is I'm not blessed with my location (North Europe) and financially so I don't have the luxury to attend and get the proper training from the US. Because of that, I have to rely on other opinions when chosing the right kit and practice 'till I get it right. I know this is a wrong way of doing but that is the struggle that I have to over gone. If some certified professional from Europe is big hearted enough to take me under his wings then I'll be jumping out of joy. Dream on... :roll:
When shopping for equipment look to see if the offer training aids. I know when I purchased a bridge and injector from DK they included a how to DVD. There are several companies that offer either online training or DVD training. It is not difficult to repair windshields. The hard part for most is the sales part of it. Some days you'll hit home runs others you'll strike out. You have to be OK with that. As far as equipment goes, give me a tool and I will repair windshields. I use two types of systems (DK and American), and they both work for me.
clearquest

Post by clearquest »

Get hands on real deal training from a qualified source. Dont rely on DVDs and online videos. Nothing can replace personal hands on training.
screenman

Post by screenman »

From experience I can say that those people who attended training with me are more successful than those who chose not too. Now this may say something about my training or it could say they are the sort of people who are prepared to go the extra mile when starting and running a proper business.

Or maybe a mixture of both.
brent

Post by brent »

@ screenman

Do you care to have a 30 some years old apprentice? :D
Another newbie
screenman

Post by screenman »

Sorry Brent but my business model now does not allow for somebody to shadow me. However should you wish to have days a training with me or buy your Delta equipment from me I will happily train you, however there will be a cost involved.
brent

Post by brent »

No worries, I understand. Do you have a business email that I can drop you a few lines? I'm still new and the private messaging is not open for me to use yet.

Anyone familiar with the system used by Autoglass? It looks quite different from the rest. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3pKGPvX5vg
Another newbie
screenman

Post by screenman »

Yes I would imagine most of are familiar with that piece of, well I need not go there. Very limited in what it can do and responsible for more broken screens than most other kits out there. I have retrained lots and I mean lots of guys who worked for them using that kit I will give you the contact details for a couple of them if you want to check me out.

Have a look at http://www.deltakits.co.uk and give me a call for a chat, despite what I seem like on here I do not actually bite.
brent

Post by brent »

Who would ever imagine that screenman could make a mistake? Isn't the address of your website is deltakits.co.uk? The delta.co.uk forwarded to delta.com which an airline company. :D

Korey just mailed me your email address. Please expect my email by tomorrow.
Another newbie