Need advice on a chip repair

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
jdn
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Need advice on a chip repair

Post by jdn »

I have a chip a little smaller than a quarter. It has a pretty significant impact point and it has 2 legs extending across from each other. A few questions. Do I need to drill this chip? Should I terminate the legs? How would you guys do this repair? I attached a picture.
Attachments
53A4D8CA-6CCB-4870-B1A7-ABA2170CFF58.jpeg
53A4D8CA-6CCB-4870-B1A7-ABA2170CFF58.jpeg (611.63 KiB) Viewed 313 times
ghost rider
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Re: Need advice on a chip repair

Post by ghost rider »

Is this a test ? This should be a pretty standard repair. Little to no drilling required depending on your equipment. The short cracks will fill from the impact point, no reason to drill them. I see a little rainbow in the bullseye area, it will need a good dry-out just like all repairs do. Make sure it's completely cooled down before you start and go easy on the pressure. These "flower petal" type breaks will distort easily with too much pressure. OK how was that, did I pass the test?
kennycrane
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Re: Need advice on a chip repair

Post by kennycrane »

Looks like it might have significant impact breakage, if that is so you might have to clean away debris and cap break with pit resin and re-drill a new entry. Other than that looks like pretty simple repair.