Who Owns Safelite

The Windshield Repair Forum water cooler for topics that do not belong in another forum. Feel free to put your feet up, relax, and get to know each other!
johnnyone
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Any of you PDR gurus .....

Post by johnnyone »

Hi Everone :D Had a confersation with a Farmers ins agent 8) and he told me that Farmers owns safelite.and they make a lot of money so they have to reinvest. Well this brought a lot of questions I have and dont know the ansewer too. So Does any one have any ansewer?? My next question is that when you are calling in a claim, have you heard the new script SAFELITE IS FINANCIALLY AFFILIATED WITH HARTFORD,,,So does that mean, they network with each other and have there hands in each other pockets :?

Removed broken tags
Bullseye WSR
Delta Kits
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Who Owns Safelite

Post by Delta Kits »

From Hoovers.com Safelite Company Profile.
Safelite Group has the answer to what blew into your windshield. The company, one of the US's largest auto glass retailers, serves more than 2 million customers each year through Safelite AutoGlass, Jiffy Lube, and Pep Boys service centers. It makes its own windshields at a factory in Kansas and another in North Carolina. Safelite also operates four national call centers for auto glass service scheduling and claims processing. Heavy debt led Safelite to file for Chapter 11 bankruptcy in 2000; later that year it emerged from bankruptcy and restructured. Founded in 1947, Safelite merged with rival Vistar in 1997. Safelite is owned by a group of banks and other former creditors.
Delta Kits, Inc.