Dvelup's Sealer Thicken'g

Discuss all aspects of headlight restoration, including marketing, technical, and business advice.
gt_repair

Re: Dvelup's Sealer Thicken'g

Post by gt_repair »

When you buy your sealer, do you buy both parts or just the thick sealer?

Don D.
Gaby21

Post by Gaby21 »

Harellbejamin ,you,re completely right , this product called Yellow X is nothing more than Degreeser.Y what can be achieved in any of Pep Boys stores and is called Formula 83 at a cost of the $ 4.90 gallon. I am using my savings and many $ $ $ $ and with the same result that the so-called Yellow X
Gaby21

Post by Gaby21 »

Now I am trying to figure out the formula of the mixture clear. I have tried to get it but so far I have not been able to find if any of you know, i'll thank for your help.
toab

Post by toab »

i am really curious as to what the secret to rightlooks clear is also.It kinda smells like some sort of latex base.It sure does work good for a one part non catalysed clear though.I am wondering because I got wacked pretty hard for the shipping to my place from california for the small bottle of product.
t4k
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Post by t4k »

Dvelup's sealer looks and smells just like the polyurethane we just used to redo our kitchen cabinets. It is probably the outdoor version which has a UV protectant in it and you can buy a quart of it at Home Depot for $10.00. What do you guys think?:eusa_snoo :eusa_snoo
harrellbenjamin

Post by harrellbenjamin »

[quote="t4k;30485"]

You cracked the code LOL.Urethane spar (theres your UV)varnish.The other can is mineral spirits .The yellow - x is also 2 off the shelf chemicals available in wallyworld LOL
t4k

Post by t4k »

harrellbenjamin;30488 wrote:Yep its just Marine Urethane spar(UV)varnish LOL and the slicker is just mineral spirits .If you want to mix the yellow -x just mix 3 parts wesleys bleach white tire cleaner with 1 part mean green cleaner or and buteral base cleaner..its all available at Wal mart LOL
. There stuff Works great but I am through paying the stupid tax LOL
Wow...thanks for the information. I saw some Helmsman Spar polyurethane by Minwax today at Home Depot, is that the same stuff as you mentioned?
harrellbenjamin

yep!!! thats the stuff
t4k

Post by t4k »

One more thought...(I am on a roll), I saw the same polyurethane in a spray can today. Have you ever tried that approach? I know there will be the overspray issue but the lens would be perfect with no lines!:cool:
harrellbenjamin

I use the wipe on technique and dont have a problem with lines.Just wipe it fast and dont go back over it as thats when you get the lines.But yes the spray might work too.I just wonder how thick it would spray and is it marine spar(UV)??