Adding on HLR

Discuss all aspects of headlight restoration, including marketing, technical, and business advice.
Kgobin
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Re: Adding on HLR

Post by Kgobin »

I thought avoiding and removing could be used interchangeably, but the good thing about headlight restoration is that you get professional results the first time, every time! ;)
Korey Gobin
Delta Kits, Inc.
gmbusguy

Post by gmbusguy »

Korey can I use your pic''s to put on my new website?
Kgobin

Post by Kgobin »

The following images and are only meant to be used to illustrate the benefits of Delta Kits professional Headlight Restoration System. Since you are currently using the system you should be consistently getting these results, so I do not see it posing a problem. However, I think it is a great idea for all technicians to create a portfolio of their own work.
Korey Gobin
Delta Kits, Inc.
candyman

Post by candyman »

HI Korey ! Sorry you missed the Chamber meet & greet last night. They had more food and drinks than you would believe. I have a demonstration coming up on the 2nd of December for the members, to show what I can do. The vehicle you posted looks great. I still take pictures prior to and after each HLR. I normally carry in my shirt pocket several photos. I update them often so my detailing shops or potential clients are looking at current and not history restorations. I seldom leave home without photos and business cards. I have more confidence in my work and the ability to determined how the lens should look after sanding.
I am still discovering things about HLR and mastering mixing of my chemicals to advoid waste & getting the desired results when applied to the lens at different temperatures. This has been my #1 money maker and I should be charging more without any guilt. I have transformed some nightmares into a work of art (like new) results. I need to spend a little more time on my camara, because I erased a bunch of photos that I had planned to do slide presentations for groups or fleet recruiting. I thought the person at Walgreens knew more than I did , but I thought wrong, and they erased what few I managed to save the week I went to Oregon. Something about the internal memory being full. I am trying something new today with the shelf paper in lieu of all the taping that was posted this week on the forum. I also picked up a rubber like non-skid shelf liner. Iam doing a Mustang today and a restored Malibu tomorrow. The guy wasn't sure about the Malibu untill he saw the Lexus I did a few weeks back. I had three people last night give me their business card, to call and set an appointment to discuss being on call and repairing WS & HL for their personal vehicles as well. One, is a small trucking company. Those photos come in handy when someone asks the question, "What is Headlight Restoration". They speak volumes, to include my ability to work wonders, with professional results. Have a great day guys!

Candyman
Delta Kits Trained & Certified:
gmbusguy

Post by gmbusguy »

Thank you Korey, I get the same results but my photo's don't look as nice as yours. Any tip's on better photos?
Kgobin

Post by Kgobin »

Take a look at your camera, there's probably a button with a flower on there. That's the macro button or maybe it just says focus. For close-ups, the macro button is your friend. The macro setting is designed to allow the camera to focus on subjects. Also, I would suggest putting your camera on a tripod and use the timer setting (most cameras have a 10 or 5 second timer), because there will be some movement when you press the shutter button.
Korey Gobin
Delta Kits, Inc.
Kgobin

Post by Kgobin »

Candyman,

I bet I could have found some sweet tea at the dinner last night :) out here in Eugene, Oregon no one has sweet tea. I am sure your demonstration will go well and everyone will be shocked with the tremendous results that the system produces. Below is an informational video that we use to educate people on the benefits of headlight restoration.

Korey Gobin
Delta Kits, Inc.
t4k
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Post by t4k »

Kgobin wrote:Candyman,

I bet I could have found some sweet tea at the dinner last night :) out here in Eugene, Oregon no one has sweet tea.

I hear ya on the sweet tea, Korey. We just got back from a trip to California and no restaurants out there have sweet tea. They all told me there is sugar on the tables....that is not the same!!
candyman

Post by candyman »

Korey! I just looked at that post ref HLR: I didn't get a 3" back off plate (red) or a tool that I saw in the photos for removing it when I ordered my metabo a few months ago. Is that something new. I've been using 2 of those black pads to keep it up off the lens to avoid hitting the edges around the light. I am placing an order this morning for supplies, and I need to know if thats something I need to get. I had several glasses of Tea prior to 6am. I drink about 2 quarts a day. The Drs would like me to leave the sugar out, but that would'nt be Southern Tea. I managed to print several of the photos from vehicles I did HLR on this weekend. I don't know how to load the card onto the computer. I Have a scaner that is color, but I haven't figured that out yet either. I told my son I wanted something simple. This thing seems complicated to me and my son is in Calif. He told me a few years ago that I didn't need computer classes because he knew how. My wife and I have our hands full during tax season and sometimes its a night mare. Now that the computers are more than 3 years old, Dell will not extend its warranty. Their service rep told us our computers should last a few more years. The local service company charges $100 per hour plus material & parts. I guess I will need to take a few night classes for the camara and computer. Oh by the way, Iam suppose to take the NWRA exam today. Have a good week. DB
Kgobin

Post by Kgobin »

The 3" backing plate is a new item to the HLPRO302 Headlight Restoration System. The backing plate was created to make the random orbital a true 3", it gives you more clearance when doing a headlight restoration, and it makes using an interface pad optional.

HLPRO202
HLPRO302
Korey Gobin
Delta Kits, Inc.