Are there any headlight types you should not be restored?

Discuss all aspects of headlight restoration, including marketing, technical, and business advice.
pommy
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Re: Are there any headlight types you should not be restored

Post by pommy »

I've found 10+ post like the one below - allll over the internet:
Originally Posted by RENU
Hi,

Could you explain "chemically strip off the old coating" a little more? What product and process do you use?

Thanks.
It's a product manufactured for us. It disolves the original protective coating which is wiped off with a pad.

I don't think I can post any product information here... blah blah blah

ray6
If the job doesn't mean more than the pay, it will never pay more.
candyman
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Post by candyman »

I will find a old headlight and test it. When the prep spray is used, I can see the brown gunk run off the lens. I've tried a few other sprays I found on the internet that was much cheaper, but they didnt work as well as the delta prep spray. I suppose if you were wiping the lens down with alcohol after polishing you would be ok, as long as it doesnt cloud the lenses. I will test the alcohol method. I cant argue or agree to a point unless I have personal knowledge of the subject matter. I will get back to this post later.
t4k
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Post by t4k »

pommy wrote:I've found 10+ post like the one below - allll over the internet:
Originally Posted by RENU
Hi,

Could you explain "chemically strip off the old coating" a little more? What product and process do you use?

Thanks.
It's a product manufactured for us. It disolves the original protective coating which is wiped off with a pad.

I don't think I can post any product information here... blah blah blah

ray6
Yep.....
ray6

Post by ray6 »

pommy wrote:@ Ray...

With the greatest respect - Are you avoiding a direct answer to t4K's and also my question?

"What can you tell us about the stripper? Can we buy it? Make it? What's the deal?"

I've emailed your various email addresses as requested (3 so far) but you don't send anything back.

But, through all my research of your many internet posts on sites like eBay, car forums, headlight forums and other auto-related forums - you never elaborate.

You never offer help... just a "tease"....?
I apologize if I have offended anyone regarding the Stripper we use. It was developed by us for our own use. It is not sold retail and cannot be duplicated in the field. I don't know how it compares with Delta's prep since I have never tried it. From now on I will not post any reference to it.
ray6

Cheers,

Pommy.

UPDATE:

Ahhh - I've found that you are here to make sales Ray - what a shame :(

I was a bit naive to think this forum was full of good people wanting to share things, you know, to help a fellow person out?

That's why I take the time, to share better ways and learn from others.

I saw your website, and your "Biz Ops!" as you call them - I'm a bit pi$$ed I wasted so much time - you should have said you had no intentions of SHARING, only SELLING - instead you get me to email you pointlessly? Why?

Again, with the greatest respect - I think you are a sales troll. A little bit of advice, mixed with a bit of intrigue...mention the "wonder product" get them interested, email off site - get a sale.

It's not clever marketing mate - if you can't afford to advertise - don't ruin a good forum with this type of cr@p.

Annoyed,

Pommy
ray6

Post by ray6 »

ray6 wrote:
pommy wrote:@ Ray...

With the greatest respect - Are you avoiding a direct answer to t4K's and also my question?

"What can you tell us about the stripper? Can we buy it? Make it? What's the deal?"

I've emailed your various email addresses as requested (3 so far) but you don't send anything back.

But, through all my research of your many internet posts on sites like eBay, car forums, headlight forums and other auto-related forums - you never elaborate.

You never offer help... just a "tease"....?

Cheers,

Pommy.

UPDATE:

Ahhh - I've found that you are here to make sales Ray - what a shame :(

I was a bit naive to think this forum was full of good people wanting to share things, you know, to help a fellow person out?

That's why I take the time, to share better ways and learn from others.

I saw your website, and your "Biz Ops!" as you call them - I'm a bit pi$$ed I wasted so much time - you should have said you had no intentions of SHARING, only SELLING - instead you get me to email you pointlessly? Why?

Again, with the greatest respect - I think you are a sales troll. A little bit of advice, mixed with a bit of intrigue...mention the "wonder product" get them interested, email off site - get a sale.

It's not clever marketing mate - if you can't afford to advertise - don't ruin a good forum with this type of cr@p.

Annoyed,

Pommy
I apologize if I have offended anyone regarding the Stripper we use. It was developed by us for our own use. It is not sold retail and cannot be duplicated in the field. I don't know how it compares with Delta's prep since I have never tried it. From now on I will not post any reference to it. And by the way, I don't know what website you are referring to since we have no website.
ray6