Arizona?

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
onetumbleweed

BNI

Post by onetumbleweed »

Hi,

I just tried to post but forgot the Subject....

Originally, I found a couple of ads for WSR employees in the want ads. Researching WSR in general, I came across this site and the forum. In reading, i can see it is a legitimate business. Logic says, why work for someone else when I could work for myself?

So, i am seriously considering going into this at some point.

Wondering, though - about the Phoenix area, where I live. It's hotter than blazes right now outside, and everything, including the windshield, is too hot to touch.....also, doesn't the heat affect how it all works? Sometimes I see a little tent on one of the corners advertising "free chip repair" - this must be what they are doing, WSR. But "free?"

Looking around at cars as they go by, I haven't seen a lot of dings. Maybe because it's so dry here? I would think there would be more dings, as it is pretty rocky and gravelly here.

Also, I am a woman - do the customers respond as favorably then?

thanks for any replies...I intend to keep reading

OneTumbleweed
Fasbreak
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Arizona?

Post by Fasbreak »

OneTimbleweed,

Great Question. I just got back from Tempe where I trained with a great man named Shannon Smith. Give him a call and tell him I referred you. He will help you out a ton. His phone number is .

Stan Ciske

Removed phone number
maxryde

Post by maxryde »

Welcome onetumbleweed,
i can see it is a legitimate business. Logic says, why work for someone else when I could work for myself?
Why not, if you prepare (market survey, business plan, ETC) anyone can do well in this business.

You sound like you are at the early stages of research, find out what your compitition is like. Alot of folks in the business can help out if they are open to showing you the ropes just ask. You will start building relationships and knowledge at the same time. The heat issue will be explained thru this process too.

As far as being female I believe you have an advantage there too (some guys will drive the extra miles to have a woman work on their vehicle) you'll need to get training so the folks that might think a woman is not as savvy about cars (stereo type) becomes less of a problem other wise why not!!

Best of luck, Scott:~)
My best mentor one said " be fair with your priceing but never too low, be honest with your customer/competition, when the day is done be sure you have done "good works", and always leave something of value on the barganing table!!

While my friend and trainer/ mentor Ray has moved on, his words live.
GlassStarz

Post by GlassStarz »

Hey do they have cars with windshields in Arizona? you bet ! question answered :wink:
sydfloyd44

Post by sydfloyd44 »

http://cindyrowe.com/

To simply answer your question. Started working out of the trunk of her Chevy Vega doing windshield repairs. Today, 10 locations plus a corporate office. ANYONE can do it as long as the dedication, motivation and business savvy is there.
onetumbleweed

Post by onetumbleweed »

hey, thanks for the replies! Fasbreak, I think I will call the person you mentioned in Tempe.....also, thanks for the link to Cindy's website - it was really encouraging to know that. And thank you Sydfloyd 44, GlassStarz and Maxryde. :!:

I'm not too worried about the business savvy part - mainly, I was checking this out to see if it was a "true blue" business, and it certainly appears to be. Not looking to talk myself out of it, but when a person has questions, it's good to just get 'em out there, I figure.

I'm trying to keep my eyes open now when I walk past cars, and I'm not seeing too many dings.....could be because the windows are all tinted out here and it's harder to see. Well, I'll cross that bridge when I come to it.

Meanwhile, I'll be reading and learning, and seeing when to jump into this.

Onetumbleweed
Mikedoby

arizona business

Post by Mikedoby »

Hi OneTumbleweed, I believe the fellows have hit the nail on the head with their responses. Number #1, almost anyone can do this business if they are determined and get in plenty of practice. It is also very benficial to get some factory training if possible. Arizona is in a good location and not that terribly far from some of the best WSR schools around. I personally when to Las Vegas to Glass Mechanix but Delta Glass is just as good and is in the northwest. Like one of the fellows said, if Arizona has cars and windshields, the business is there. I have a good friend that lives in Las Vegas that is in the WSR business. It is as hot there as it is in Arizona, and he is doing geat in his business. I say go for it and good luck.
:wink: