Celebrity vehicles

The Windshield Repair Forum water cooler for topics that do not belong in another forum. Feel free to put your feet up, relax, and get to know each other!
Clarity Glass
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Post by Clarity Glass »

The Brooks & Dun/Montgomery & Gentry tour came through tonight and had the opportunity to fix a nasty break on one of the busses. Everyone was great and friendly. I'm not a fan of country music, but when Ronnie Dunn walked by and asked "hows it goin", all I thought of immediatly was Holy S***, your part of Brooks and Dunn. Got a little "star struck" there for a second, but said "real good, just trying to keep this nasty chip from spreadin'". Fun experience anybody else had an experience like this?
GlassStarz

Post by GlassStarz »

Who? Those of us who dont date relatives or have a gun rack in our truck listen to Hip Hop :P :twisted: :roll: :( :o :D :shock: :?: :wink: :cry:
sunshine wr

Post by sunshine wr »

gs but you do drive truck
GlassStarz

Post by GlassStarz »

Mercedes no picum up truck here
mepoozer

Post by mepoozer »

Hello- Totally unrelated to repairs, but I guess this is what this forum is for..I like it!!!! As far as celberity things, we had the chance to see Garth Brooks. We live in Litleton, CO and went a few blocks from home to get gas for our trip to show the kids the ocean for the first time. We were headed to California and the clerk in the gas station knew us and said "Word has it that Garth and his troops are eating at Romanos (right behind there) so you might want to hang around. We walked out of the gas station and he was coming out and there was about 15 people there and he took the time to acknowledge each and every one of us. He gave my daughter a hug, shook my sons hand and asked him about his shirt he had on and shook my hand. The only bad thing is, my oldest son had his learners permit to drive and didn't want to leave the drivers seat to come over there with us so he didn't get to meet him.
Litleton, (at least downtown) is small and Romano's resteraunt is a little place and why or how he knew to eat ther is a mystery cause most people wouldn't know it is there(it's a little resteraunt) but it is excellent Itallian food!!!!
He was just so nice and relaxed and just "down home " kind of a guy! It was so cool!!!! We saw him on TV a few weeks later and it was amazing his energy and talent!! My husband isn't into country but he was into watching it and really enjoyed the show. He is an entainer!!
Just my input on the celeberity thing- Probably the closest I will ever come again! LOL,LOl,Mepoozer
Wasn't doing repairs at the time but glad you had the experience to do one on a celeberities property- might lead to something?
I like this water cooler, sorry to ramble on, Mepoozer
Delta Kits

Post by Delta Kits »

mepoozer wrote:sorry to ramble on
Coincidentally, that's exactly what the water cooler forum is for!

:)
Delta Kits, Inc.
Ralph

Post by Ralph »

Hey Everybody...long time no see! The closest I got to working on a celeb's vehicle was last week. I went up to North Arlington, NJ (Sopranos territory and area where Martha Stewart lives. At least when she gets out of jail) I went to repair a ws in a 1950 Olds Club Coupe. The owner had a collection of antique cars and vintage motorcycles. Hollywood produceres rented his 1949 pickup truck that was used in a movie with Drew Barrymore..."Riding with Boys". As I was doing the repair I kept on doing double takes at the back of the truck. Turns out the owner has a full size headshot (picture) of Drew Barrymore in the rear window on the passenger side with Drew looking over her shoulder and out the back of the truck. I felt as though she was watching me work my magic on that coupe's windshield! Would have been nice if she asked me for a ride... ; )

Ralph