A Lot To Be Thankful For

The Windshield Repair Forum water cooler for topics that do not belong in another forum. Feel free to put your feet up, relax, and get to know each other!
Scott Tyner

A Lot To Be Thankful For

Post by Scott Tyner »

I just returned from a day spent at my parent's house, having a nice turkey dinner with all of the trimmings....

Getting together with my parents, my brother and his family, and my sister and her family was nice.

I myself am blessed to have a wonderful wife and two wonderful kids.

After I got home tonight and settled in for the evening, I thought about the men and women in uniform who are serving in various parts of the world so that we all can enjoy days like this.

They are sacrificing being with their families in order that we can be with ours.

I think it would be nice if we all could say a prayer for their safety and safe return home.

I wish you all a "Happy Thanksgiving."

Scott
Layne

Re: A Lot To Be Thankful For

Post by Layne »

I guess most of us do realize how fortunate we are.

Our heart goes out today to one of our dear friends in our circle. She got a call today that her son was wounded with shrapnel from the neck down...They were unable to tell her what his condition is. How "gut wrenching" just not knowing must be!
scratchy

Re: A Lot To Be Thankful For

Post by scratchy »

These guys are modern day heroes. When they get out and get back to real life I won't mind helping some of them get set up in their own business. A friend of mine was a Navy SEAL in Gulf War I. He was doing security work in a mall after that!!!!! Thankfully he got into a government law enforcement job later and has done well for himself. The transition back to regular life is very hard.