1998 dodge 1500 truck windshield

Discuss all aspects of windshield replacement, including techniques, billing, etc.
louisdarke

1998 dodge 1500 truck windshield

Post by louisdarke »

i have a question regarding a dodge 1500 pickup and a new windshield. there is some kind of "foil" on the top of the windshield interior, that has a lead from it to my rearview mirror. will a new windshield have this "foil" area and the lead for the mirror? and what does this thing do. thanks
wannabee-x-corprat

Re: 1998 dodge 1500 truck windshield

Post by wannabee-x-corprat »

hmm, ive been installing windshields for many years and have done quite a few of those windshields, The "foil" you are talking about i have never seen. the only thing i can suggest is it may be the cover for the wires that plug into the back of your mirror. (granted you have an electronic mirror)? when your glass is replaced it should be put back in place.
Brian
Mile hi auto glass.
Lee

Post by Lee »

DW 1176 GBY Is for this truck. Have never seen one with foil on it. It probalbly has an aftermarket accessory, maybe a lighted mirror and the foil to hide the wires???
StarQuest

Post by StarQuest »

Sounds like a after market item......which would'nt be covered under normal replacement. Not sure who your insurance company is but many times they will cover aftermarket items. Best to check with them before having shield replaced!