Spring loaded center punch

Posts from Old Forum (Pre August 2003)
Anonymous

Re: How does this all Work?

Post by Anonymous »

where can I buy one?

Spring loaded center punch

Post by Guest »

You can buy one from us Or any windshield repair supplier (to be fair).

Jeff Higgins
Delta Kits, Inc.
[email]"jhiggins@deltakits.com"[/email]
www.deltakits.com
Anonymous

Re: Spring loaded center punch

Post by Anonymous »

Sears
Anonymous

Center punch

Post by Anonymous »

Wal-Mart
Anonymous

Re: Center punch

Post by Anonymous »

Any hardware store, or home supply store will also have them. Get one that is adjustable. That will allow you to produce a variety of stars.
Anonymous

/Re: center punch

Post by Anonymous »

Harbor Frieght tools carries them at about $3.00. Seems to be fair quaility; brass body and heavy chrome spring and punch.
Anonymous

center punch

Post by Anonymous »

Went to Delta site could not find spring center punch. What section is it at?
Anonymous

center punch

Post by Anonymous »

I don't believe that we currently have it listed on the web site. Spring loaded center punches are available at most hardware stores and we don't buy enough of them to get any special pricing. Ours sells for $10.50. Others are available in a variety of styles from around $3.00 to over $20.00, depending on quality and where you purchase it. We have tried a few that didn't work very well but even most inexpensive models work for making star breaks.

Brent Deines
Delta kits, Inc.
Anonymous

center punch

Post by Anonymous »

on a positive note........If you take the spring loaded punch from delta...........round off the point a bit with a dremmel tool......it does make a nice little bullseye/star break combo to practice on........you will need to remove the spring and cut off a couple rings of the spring to adjust the impact strength though.
Anonymous

Re: center punch

Post by Anonymous »

You dont have to work that hard to get bullseye/combo-maker. Just get a thick rubber band and thread it through a steel bead from the hardware store for about 50 cents at the most. Hold it slingshot fashion just above the practice glass, draw back, let go... and you have a bullseye or combo. Then you still have your center punch for making stars. If you want to get a 'bonafide bullseye maker', you can pay up to $5 plus shipping from a number of suppliers (I think the cheapest I saw was around $2)...it will be a rubber band threaded through a steel bead.