Windshield Replacement in Canada?

Discuss all aspects of windshield replacement, including techniques, billing, etc.
Windshield Guy

Windshield Replacement in Canada?

Post by Windshield Guy »

A big hi to all you folks in the US from Canada...

Wondering if anyone out there can give any tips on which replacement tools are the best to use, tips and tricks etc... To any Canadian WSR folks : Does anyone know of any schools in Canada -- I have looked everywhere but you have to endure 4 yrs of apprenticeship to get anywhere in Canada otherwise there doesnt seem to be anything here at all... is there any hope for training in Canada?

To US folks: Any referrals for anyone to teach WSR -- looking for practical hands on training. Maybe you guys know of somewhere close that offers any training in the USA or an independent individual with refs?

Any leads would be appreciated. Thanks.
worthwhileWSR

Re: Windshield Replacement in Canada?

Post by worthwhileWSR »

Free training by Delta Kits in Eugene, OR (USA) all the way...
Delta Kits
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Post by Delta Kits »

Except we only do windshield repair training, not replacement. :(
Delta Kits, Inc.
streekyd

Post by streekyd »

In my opinion, the best approach would be to train with the urethane MFG Reps. This way you will learn the correct procedures on all the adhesives. The rest comes with experience.

Most stationary bonded parts are put in the same way, the only difference is the way you get to the adhesive.

Door glasses? Look at the other side, it already together!
Lee

Post by Lee »

The only way to get experience installing auto glass is to work in a auto glass shop. There are schools that will teach the basics but you need hands on experience to really know how to install glass. The hard part is getting the glass out without any damage to the vehicle. If this is the your chosen field of endeavor(to be a auto glass person) You should get a job with a well thought of firm of an auto glass shop close to you. HTH
Windshield Guy

Post by Windshield Guy »

Thanks to all who responded with their advice :)

I am just wondering about liability issues tho? Just wondering whether there are any coverages I should be considering? :eusa_thin
BAMA MAN

Post by BAMA MAN »

the best tool that i found is a 24 volt extractor. they are made canada.