referrals to replacement companies - revenue potential?

Posts from Old Forum (Pre August 2003)
Anonymous

Re: No correction needed.

Post by Anonymous »

Can anyone comment on the revenue potential of referring replacements?

Specifically..would love to hear comments of actual experiences:

ex: If a repair only operation is doing an avg of 5 jobs a day, from high visibility location (similar to tent approach)..how many replacement referrals would they generate (per week/month/?) if they actively promoted them?

Would it be reasonable to refer 1 per day? 1 per week?10 per month?

Please indicate in your response whether it is based on actual experience or educated opinion.

Thanks so much.
Anonymous

referrals to replacement companies - revenue potential?

Post by Anonymous »

I don't have any input on the info your looking for, because I don't do referrals for replacements (yet).

BUT, I am very interested in the same info except for a repair operation that may do similar volume (5ish a day) but doesn't do tents or have a highly visibile location.

Do the referral opportunities differ much with different approaches?

Ted
(repair biz in CA)
Anonymous

referrals?

Post by Anonymous »

Well.......................I tried something new this week.

I handle the glass claim...........bill the insurance.........buy the glass................and pay a tech (side job basis........he works for a full blown glass shop)
$50.00 for a windshield replace and $35.00 for a tempered replace.

I sent him his first job on Tuesday.

The result

7 jobs this week and an x-tra $1260.00 in my pocket in 3 days.....This is on top of the repairs I have done this week
Anonymous

glass shop refferals...............Just do it yourself

Post by Anonymous »

well................not really in my pocket as of yet.............gotta wait a couple weeks for the ins. companies to mail the checks
Anonymous

;)

Post by Anonymous »

Since you are the one doing the billing, aren't you now liable for any claims for faulty replacements?

Great idea, but just make sure you are dealing with a quality installer and that you have the proper insurance.

And legally you have to give him a 1099 at the end of the year for the money you paid him.

I am not trying to rain on your parade but just want to make sure you have all the bases covered.
Anonymous

Referrals

Post by Anonymous »

I have one million in liability ins.......lifetime warranty on glass.....handle all billing...........have a w-9 form on file.......installer will receive a 1099..........state sales tax lic.....all bases are covered............gross sales today (Monday) including repairs was just over $2200.00

I use 2 installers........one has 14 years exp and the other has 21 years exp.

Things are looking good
Anonymous

:)

Post by Anonymous »

Wow... Thats Very Impressive... Now Im wondering whats in it for your two installers... if theyve got regular full time jobs... is it just overtime??? Sounds like youve got it made... Good for you... How much of that $2200 was wsr??? if you want to share that with us... Thanks
Anonymous

Wow..

Post by Anonymous »

Sorry Auto glass repair, Maybe I need to wake up in a morning... the penny has finally dropped, the installer makes $50 for installing a windshield, thats alot more than he would make at his regular job even after taxes, Wow I love it, hahahahaaaaa I just hope their full time employers dont find out... Thats a terrific money making story...
Anonymous

Things ARE looking good...

Post by Anonymous »

Do you purchase your replacement windshields from a local windshield replacement company, and how do you get them to sell the glass to you?
Anonymous

Windshield replacement

Post by Anonymous »

just start a legitimate business.........then go to a wholesale auto glass supplier (PPG,LOF,Wholesale,Discount,ect.) and start an account.