Need The Right Trainer!!!

Post your windshield repair tips, questions, advice! Note there is a sub-forum specifically for business development questions.
Jarhead4life

Need The Right Trainer!!!

Post by Jarhead4life »

Hello people. I'm just starting to get into this w/s repair thing. I did my reshearch on what to buy as far as kit wise, but before doing so I would like to have the chance to ride along with somebody in my area to get a feel on what it's like. It's something that i'm very serious about and before investing the money, I want to certain myself with questions and real experiences. I just became a member today on this site and I have spent nearly 6 hours reading threads and post from current members. I like what i see so far and sounds like something that I would like to start doing as soon as possible. So if anyone out there is in my area which is New Jersey (South or Central), I would love to talk to you. Also i'm mintues from Philadelphia and surrounding Pa area's. I posted contact Info in my profile to reach me.
Semper Fi.:eusa_doh:
CHRIS
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Re: Need The Right Trainer!!!

Post by CHRIS »

Hey Jarhead. Im Also Located In South Jersey And Am Looking Into This Business. How Have Things Been Going For You? What Kit Did You End Up Purchasing And Did You Get Any Training? Any Input Would Be Great And Much Appreciated!!!...from What I Read, Nj Has Tons Of Potential.
mrchip

Post by mrchip »

hey chris and jarhead.. i left nj in jan for nc ..20 yrs plus in ocean county there are loads of guys doing wr in south jersey and over by cherry hill i mean its saturated..with that said i would go after retail and ins work.. you can charge a good price in jersey.. the pie is big
GlasWeldTech

Post by GlasWeldTech »

I doubt anyone in your area is going to train any COMPETITION which is what you would be. Now if you want to come down to the Bayou State that would be another matter. Good Luck.
CHRIS

Post by CHRIS »

thanks for the info guys!!! mrchip...any marketing recommendations for this area? i actually live very close to cherry hill and work there. plenty of new developments and construction going on everywhere. i would love to know how i can have some success with all of the people in this area. any suggestions?..also, how is the business down south? better/worse?
mrchip

Post by mrchip »

hey chris... south is lousy .. about half the price in jersey some glass shops offer free repairs.. some 10.00@15.00 ... at least in jersey you can get 45.00 for used car lot, 50.00 new car and 65.00 to 80.00 retail..there is tons of compitition in south jersey thats why i say go retail and ins.. networks can be good ..but at 65.00 retail you dont need a lot of repairs to make a good living.. check old posts for getting retail a lot of possibilities good luck:D
Dependable Dave

Post by Dependable Dave »

Semper Fi, Jarhead4life. I was in during the Vietnam conflict. If you want to talk, email me at stillagruntafterall@yahoo.com

I've been all over the country teaching windshield repair and it's pretty much the same story everywhere, with a few twists. The key is to be a better salesman than the other guys. It's no different in any other industry.
CHRIS

Post by CHRIS »

Thanks For All The Info Guys!!!! I Do Appreciate The Input. I Will Be Starting This Part Time As I Have A 9-5 Job M-f. Any Recommendations On How I Should Advertize Or Maybe Just Concentrate On Retail Until I Succeed? What About Insurance Work...i Think I Can Only Start This Nights And Weekends So Should I Not Sign Up With Networks Until I Move To Full Time? Any Thoughts On This?
Dependable Dave

Post by Dependable Dave »

Chris, if you sign up with the networks, be ready top perform for them. There's nothing wrong with getting paid in cash, as most everybody on this forum would probably agree.

If you want to work on Saturday, why not hook up with a local business that would let you set up on their property? Otherwise, when the winter sun starts setting really early in the day, your 5pm work schedule might be a little tough for doing repairs outdoors.
CHRIS

Post by CHRIS »

Dave, Great Idea About The Saturday Thing..as Far As The Networks And Being Paid In Cash, I Was Under The Impression The Ins. Co's. Issue Checks At A Later Date....or Was This A Referral Network That Only Brings Cash Business To Me? If You Or Anyone Could Elaborate On The Insurance, Network/referral Side Of The Business And Breifley Explain How It Works, That Would Be Great!!!! Would I Get Insurance Work Through A Network? And Where Do Referrals Come From? Im Just Unclear On All This. Pleaseeee Help Anyone...thanks In Advance!!!!