large repair company w/low$$

Posts from Old Forum (Pre August 2003)
Anonymous

Re: WSR

Post by Anonymous »

in my area i have a repair only company that has got most bigger name dealerships locked in with a $15.00 price.its made it hard to get jobs.the repairs they do are not good quality but the dealers don't seem to care.they say they will remain loyal to this co. because they show up every week.:"> anyone with any ideas.
Anonymous

large repair company w/low$$

Post by Anonymous »

A few thoughts, and please take them with a "grain of salt."

1. Continue to be persistent but not obnoxious and don't "trashmouth" the quality of the jobs that they are getting now. Once someone has made a decision to spend money on something and then spends it, they really hate to be told that they were an "idiot" for making that decision. Instead, show up every week or two and just let them know that you can be as reliable (as evidenced by your "routine" visits). Sooner or later, there may be an opportunity for you.

2. Think about turning your dealership "fleet" calls into possible retail opportunities. Hit the service department with a couple dozen donuts or a couple of pizzas on a regular basis and let the service writers and mechanics know that you will "take care" of them if they refer retail insurance/cash jobs to you. Remember, these folks service vehicles for customers willing to pay dealership rates as they expect dealership/factory quality AND they all LOVE free food!!!!

3. You could always devise some unscrupulous method of permanently getting rid of your competitor so that you can slide right in. Who knows, the next Deltakits WSR repairt package may include an UZI for just that purpose
Anonymous

Re: large repair company w/low$$

Post by Anonymous »

My Delta Kit came with a Glock-19 instead of the CANDY
LOL
Anonymous

Large repair company low $

Post by Anonymous »

SUNSHINE WR,

Dave C. makes some good points and should be applied to your approach. I don't know how much I would spend on food though without reciprocation though. It could get expensive, hungry technicians can eat allot. , This I know because I supervise a whole crew of them. The practice of acquiring business this way could go along way but don't let it become an expectation they have. It should be appreciated as an act of generosity.

In addition to these good business practices...I suggest that you use your states vehicle code to your advantage if it applies. Sit down with the service manager and ask the if they fail vehicles for windshield damage during vehicle inspection?

If they do, ask if they repair it for the customer or if they leave the customer to fend for themselves? If they do repair it more than likely they are using the guy onsite already. If they don't do repairs, theirs your opportunity to explain you can provide another quality service to there customers and how they will benefit from it.

If they don't fail vehicles for this damage don't ask why as you will be indirectly insulting them. Maybe ask them how many vehicles come in with damage? Then ask if they would like to capitalize from the benefits of your windshield repair.
Of course you will have to work out the final details with them if this applies in your state.

Just another thought for you.

Pay it foward,

Brian
www.safeglasstechnologies.com

[email]"info@safeglasstechnologies.com"[/email][/email]
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Oh, I almost forgot...I will take a Daisy BB Gun with my next order as this will produce more business.

Pay it foward,

Brian
www.safeglasstechnologies.com

[email]"info@safeglasstechnologies.com"[/email][/email]
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

the "Free Food" approach was mentioned as a possible tool to gain business. I am usually very direct when I do something like this and will very clearly inform the service folks that if they send me some referrals, they'll see me again with some more goodies

As for Glocks and Daisies... Hmmm, Delta has the single bridge package, the double bridge package, the entrpreneur package and now the Godfather Package ?
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Dave C
YES...you make them an offer they CAN'T Refuse
Anonymous

Large Repair company low$

Post by Anonymous »

a whole new meaning to the term "Targeted Marketing!"
Anonymous

this brings ...

Post by Anonymous »

I opted for the candy... I just had them lace it with something other than sugar.... Glocks and Daiseys are harder to hide...

Erik
Pain in the Glass Windshield Repair