High viscosity resins

Posts from Old Forum (Pre August 2003)
Anonymous

Re: Re:Pit Filler

Post by Anonymous »

I am receiving info from a certain glass company touting their high viscous resins for long crack repair...and you must pay a monthly royalty to them to use their system. I have checked other sites and am having difficulty finding the viscosity of other resins stated. Is this a sales tool for that company or do they really have a unique product? Their highest 3 vis. are only available to licensed customers.
Anonymous

High viscosity resins

Post by Anonymous »

In my opinion only (and with past experience). The company that sent you info does offer various viscosity resins to do various types of repairs. However, there are other companies and other resin products available that do not charge a monthly fee, and utilize a single viscosity resin that will do what you need it to plus it not only keeps your overhead down but allows you to use that monthly fee on more important things ie: advertising, etc. There is absolutely no sense in lining someones pockets to use what is already available to the public. Try looking at Dewey Dymax resins for a compariable product. Or just follow your instincts..
Anonymous

re: multi viscosity resins

Post by Anonymous »

I will not speak negatively on any particular resin supplier, but I surely would not be giving up any royalties on top of your out of pocket for the resin. Let's say you were a franchise, decided to use an independent billing service for your invoices and wanted to use these particular resins you post about...There is a fee that comes with all of these...After you give all parties their cut...Now what are you actually making per repair?

There are plenty of other options out there for technicians. You have touched on something in my opinion I feel is very important and that is the technical specs for these resins(Viscosity,Refractive Index,Shore Hardness,Tensile strength etc.) Most all well known suppliers have quality products but you still should know what your using and why. Based on your post it seems you want to know why. I have contacted many actual manufactures for there resin technical specifications not to be confused with the MSDS sheets. Such as Resin Technology Group, Dewey Associates, Tangent Industries, Loxeal as well as others and they all have supplied this information. Now on the other hand, I have also contacted most all major resin suppliers for this same information and well you would be surprised which major suppliers would not provide this information or that I was told they would and they only sent the MSDS sheets. This does not mean that they are bad resins, maybe they themselves don't know why they claim their resin is so good but shouldn't they! Don't fall for the proof is in the pudding response. You still have the right to know what you are buying and why if you feel that information is important to you. Call around and see for yourself what other options are available as I am sure you will find one without a royalty attatched. I did not mean to revisit an old topic but this poster brought up a valid concern.

Once again these were only my opinions.

Pay it foward,

Brian
www.safeglasstechnologies.com

[email]"info@safeglasstechnologies.com"[/email][/email]