Questions..., Questions...,

Posts from Old Forum (Pre August 2003)
Anonymous

Re: re: re-working repairs

Post by Anonymous »

Well, it's Veterans Day, thanks to all who served our country!

Question #1 - What's the best way to rid the damage area of moisture if your using a moisture evaporator? Should you heat the windshield from the inside or outside? If the car's lighter doesn't work can you use a bic lighter or something else?

Question #2 - Insurance. My invoice has a disclaimer for the windshield that the customer signs before repair work starts. But there's obviously other damage that could occur while working on a customers car( dropping equipment, spilling resins, and whatever might and will happen!). Even insurance agents in my area are confused about what type of insurance I should have for a mobile windshield repair business! Some say General Liability, some say Garage Keepers. Any advice?

Thanks in a advance! And Thank a Vet today!!!!!!
Anonymous

Questions..., Questions...,

Post by Anonymous »

Bullseye, General Liability seems to be good enough. If you get garage keeper your costs are gonna go pretty high. You only need and want garage keeper if you're going to be moving their vehicle around. If you're just going to be working on the windshield itself and outside the vehicle then General Liability will work fine. That's all i carry because i don't want to be held responsible for driving some one elses vehicle anyways.
Mick
Al an Mick's Nicks N Chips
Anonymous

Re: Questions..., Questions...,

Post by Anonymous »

Great point! If you word your disclaimer corectly you can not be held responsible for what may happen to the windshield during repair. Also it is wise to invest in some kind of cover for the car hood to use during your repairs that will offer some kind of protection to the car.

Re: Questions..., Questions...,

Post by Guest »

ClearView Repair,

Good advice, and welcome to the forums!!

Jeff Higgins
Delta Kits, Inc.
jhiggins@deltakits.com
http://www.deltakits.com