Starting new business, need insurance and llc info

This forum is dedicated to sales, marketing, insurance, and other business development issues. Since this is a Windshield Repair sub forum, please continue to use the other forums on this board to discuss non-windshield repair related issues of any nature.
jasonsresin

Re: Starting new business, need insurance and llc info

Post by jasonsresin »

did we ever get a phone number listed for rli insurance? i saw one on page 3 or somewhere, but it wasnt rli.
Kgobin
Enter the middle number please (3): 3

Post by Kgobin »

I just emailed you the phone number.
Korey Gobin
Delta Kits, Inc.
rsbaum

Post by rsbaum »

I am waiting for a quote from an agent that deals with RLI. I have continued to read and I realize that many are not happy or feel duped by them. I need recommendations from people who are in business. What is a low cost company that'll get me on the networks?
Roo
Enter the middle number please (3): 5

Post by Roo »

I use Safeco for general liability and tools. Seems pretty reasonable at about $20/month. If you plan on driving or moving your customer's cars at all, you will need to get a garage keeper's policy. I hope I never have to find out how good it is.
Frank EU

Post by Frank EU »

We never-ever move any customer vehicle. I just don't feel it is a right thing to do, eliminating any probable trouble involved afterwards.
maxryde

Post by maxryde »

Roo wrote:I use Safeco for general liability and tools. Seems pretty reasonable at about $20/month. If you plan on driving or moving your customer's cars at all, you will need to get a garage keeper's policy. I hope I never have to find out how good it is.

Hey Roo, you said "I use Safeco for general liability and tools" can you expound on what that means in say the case of a resin damage issue like Brent described. Or say a scratch or dent on a cust vehicle? I mean 20 bucks a month is way cheap, so what I am asking is that going to provide coverage if and when needed?
Roo

Post by Roo »

maxryde, first I would advise you get in touch with an insurance agent to go over what they can offer you. My policy has a $250 deductible and will pay up to $2000 per occurence for property damage. My equipment is also insured against theft. Like I said you need to speak with an insurance agent so they can over the details and the what if's? My policy is over 20 pages long. The networks require you to carry so much in order to do insurance work. I think its 1Million in General Liability Coverage and $500k in personal injury...don't hold me to that though. I chose to go with a little bigger policy than what they required.
Roo

Post by Roo »

This is from Lynx participant agreement

VII. INSURANCE COVERAGE
1. Participant must carry Worker’s Compensation Insurance to statutory limits in any state where
it has employees, and Employer’s Liability Insurance (minimum $100,000 bodily injury by
accidental or disease).
2. Any Participant that performs any Replacement ARG services must carry Commercial General
Liability Insurance, including Contractual Liability and Products/Completed Operations coverage,
with limits of not less than $500,000 each occurrence/combined single limit for property damage,
bodily injury and personal injury liability. Participant shall at all times name LYNX Services as an
additional insured on its Commercial General Liability Insurance policy. Participants providing
only laminated glass Repair, and not Replacement ARG services, must carry a Commercial
General Liability Insurance policy, but the limits of such insurance may be less than the coverage
amounts stated above. All Participants will provide evidence of Commercial General Liability
Insurance including, but not limited to the General Liability Insurance policy renewal date. This
information shall be provided solely through input by Participant into the METRYX registry; and
Participant will maintain this coverage and will update corresponding data within METRYX in a
continuous manner. In addition, Participant shall provide LYNX Services a copy of its Insurance
Certificate upon request by LYNX.
3. Participant must carry insurance for Automobile Liability and insurance for damage to
Customer’s vehicles while in the care, custody and control of Participant, but the exact limits of
such coverage shall be a determination within the sole discretion and control of Participant.
SGT

Post by SGT »

Glad technicians are becoming more aware of insurance options and our true needs. There are choices in coverage depending on your needs and risk tolerance. The larger your needs and the lower your risk tolerance, generally those policies will have higher premiums.

Take a minute and look back at my previous posts. The key component is coverage that provides for "Care Custody and Control". If you do not have a provision in your policy for this, your policy may not cover damage you do to a customers car. Ask you agent about this.

FYI, as last known RLI does not offer this coverage so be aware when working on customers vehicles.
Safe Glass Technologies

2012 WRO Gold
2009 WRO Gold
2009 WSRPOTY
2008 WRO Silver
AutoGlassEssentials

Post by AutoGlassEssentials »

very cheap seeing as i am paying 660 in CA now that includes my premiums for the year at 30,000 in sales 500,000 gen liability, would be happy to pay anything less.